Changing the sample rate

Darrin Smart
Hi,

Quick question: Is there a way for a client to change the sample rate
that jackd runs at, or must I restart the jackd process to do so?

If the process has to be restarted, what is
jack_set_sample_rate_callback() used for?

Thanks.

Darrin

Re: Changing the sample rate

Paul Davis
On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 15:34 +0100, Darrin Smart wrote:

> Quick question: Is there a way for a client to change the sample rate
> that jackd runs at, or must I restart the jackd process to do so?

the latter. it has been discussed a lot, the consensus is that being
able to change the SR is too disruptive.

> If the process has to be restarted, what is
> jack_set_sample_rate_callback() used for?

legacy code, basically.