Cleaning up the list mess...

Marc-Olivier Barre-3
Hi,

FWIW, I'm volunteering to migrate the people still on
<[hidden email]> to <[hidden email]>. A
merge of the archive is also possible (although it will require a bit
of work since some messages are sent to both lists...). Just like on
the LA* lists, it should be transparent, the only issue being that the
users which are moved have to redefine their list password.

Anyone interested ? Opinions ?

Cheers,

Re: Cleaning up the list mess...

Paul Davis

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 11:16 +0100, Marc-Olivier Barre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FWIW, I'm volunteering to migrate the people still on
> <[hidden email]> to <[hidden email]>. A
> merge of the archive is also possible (although it will require a bit
> of work since some messages are sent to both lists...). Just like on
> the LA* lists, it should be transparent, the only issue being that the
> users which are moved have to redefine their list password.

the hard part of this is not the "migration" (i did that once already).
its figuring out how to get rid of the list of the at sf.net ....

Re: Cleaning up the list mess...

Marc-Olivier Barre-3
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 11:16 +0100, Marc-Olivier Barre wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>  >
>  > FWIW, I'm volunteering to migrate the people still on
>  > <[hidden email]> to <[hidden email]>. A
>  > merge of the archive is also possible (although it will require a bit
>  > of work since some messages are sent to both lists...). Just like on
>  > the LA* lists, it should be transparent, the only issue being that the
>  > users which are moved have to redefine their list password.
>
>  the hard part of this is not the "migration" (i did that once already).
>  its figuring out how to get rid of the list of the at sf.net ....

I managed to do it with columbia.edu by marking the list as "not
public", and blocking subscriptions. It seems SF.net is running a
mailman. It should be possible. I had also set a autoreply for people
still posting on the old address so they got the new one to post to
(and post was auto-rejected).

Is there something I'm not seeing ?

Re: Cleaning up the list mess...

Oliver Oli-3
FYI gmane.org points to the sf.net list. Maybe you could change it, too:

http://gmane.org/info.php?group=gmane.comp.audio.jackit&edit=t