Could not start JACK. Sorry. on OSX

GGB_C_
Hey,

I'm Christophe, a sound guy who work at Geneva University of Music. We actually have an HOA sound system and we run it with Reaper, Panoramix and Jack. Everything works quite well for me, as a sound technician. But I need to simplify the setup for our composer students. They have good skills in using MAx, Reaper, PT, etc but they're not programmers. I need to simplify the startup because I prefer they focus on making music. Anyway... i'm sorry to ask a so simple question but i'm unfortunately not a programmer too...

A good way to run a configuration is to use qjackctl (OSX 10.14.5). So I made a simple setup and when I try to start jack in qjack (without starting it before) it tells me :

11:51:49.422 Patchbay activated.
11:51:49.447 Statistics reset.
11:51:49.469 Startup script...
11:51:49.469 artsshell -q terminate
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
sh: artsshell: command not found
11:51:49.870 Startup script terminated with exit status=32512.
11:51:49.870 JACK is starting...
11:51:49.870 jackstart -dcoreaudio -r48000 -p1024
<b>11:51:49.883 Could not start JACK. Sorry.</b>
11:52:11.625 JACK was stopped with exit status=255.
11:52:11.625 Post-shutdown script...
11:52:11.625 killall jackd
No matching processes belonging to you were found
11:52:12.031 Post-shutdown script terminated with exit status=256.

Do you know what's the problem ? because it works if I run jack before start qjack, but the simpler, the better.

Thanks a lot.

Christophe

Re: Could not start JACK. Sorry. on OSX

GGB_C_
Hey,

Just you to know, if it can help some noob (like me), I find my solution here. The server path was not good. That's all...

Tschüss
Christophe