Fix for ALSA MIDI sequencer ports

lars.luthman (Bugzilla)
The current implementation of the ALSA MIDI sequencer driver (-X seq)
does not call alsa_seqmidi_read() if the ALSA driver is in playback only
mode (-P). This means that with -P any incoming MIDI events are ignored.
Also, any incoming ALSA system events are ignored, so ports are not
added and removed as they should be. I'm attaching a patch that fixes
this - with it applies, alsa_seqmidi_read() will get called even if the
ALSA driver is in playback only mode. Please apply as soon as possible.

--ll

alsamidiseq_fix.diff (820 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Fix for ALSA MIDI sequencer ports

lars.luthman (Bugzilla)
On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 18:52 +0200, Lars Luthman wrote:
> The current implementation of the ALSA MIDI sequencer driver (-X seq)
> does not call alsa_seqmidi_read() if the ALSA driver is in playback only
> mode (-P). This means that with -P any incoming MIDI events are ignored.
> Also, any incoming ALSA system events are ignored, so ports are not
> added and removed as they should be. I'm attaching a patch that fixes
> this - with it applies, alsa_seqmidi_read() will get called even if the
> ALSA driver is in playback only mode. Please apply as soon as possible.

OK, I got a bit too excited when I got it to work and didn't check my
code properly - it should of course look something like the attached
patch instead. When freewheeling MIDI should be disconnected as well as
audio, and when getting an nframes parameter that is larger than
expected it's better to exit before trying to do read MIDI events, since
something has obviously gone wrong.

--ll

alsamidiseq_fix2.diff (914 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Fix for ALSA MIDI sequencer ports

Dmitry Baikov
On 8/22/07, Lars Luthman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 18:52 +0200, Lars Luthman wrote:
> > The current implementation of the ALSA MIDI sequencer driver (-X seq)
> > does not call alsa_seqmidi_read() if the ALSA driver is in playback only
> > mode (-P). This means that with -P any incoming MIDI events are ignored.
> > Also, any incoming ALSA system events are ignored, so ports are not
> > added and removed as they should be. I'm attaching a patch that fixes
> > this - with it applies, alsa_seqmidi_read() will get called even if the
> > ALSA driver is in playback only mode. Please apply as soon as possible.

Commited the correct version of a patch as rev. 1055

Thanks.

Dmitry.