Fwd: Re: [lives-video] I cant open Lives

Fwd: Re: [lives-video] I cant open Lives

salsaman-3
This looks like a jack issue, so I am cc`ing the jack mailing list...

Any ideas ?

Gabriel.

Please Cc replies to:

On Wed, July 4, 2007 20:46, tirengarfio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after installing lives on edgy without problems (the .deb one), i get
> this message when i try to open it (and it doesnt open) Any idea? Thanks
>
> LiVES 0.9.8.4
> Copyright 2002-2007 Gabriel Finch ([hidden email]) and others.
> LiVES comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details.
>
> jackd 0.101.1
> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
>
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
> all 32 bit float mono audio port buffers in use!
> cannot assign buffer for port
> control device hw:0
> configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
> nperiods = 2 for capture
> all 32 bit float mono audio port buffers in use!
> cannot assign buffer for port
> nperiods = 2 for playback

Re: Fwd: Re: [lives-video] I cant open Lives

Paul Davis
On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 21:19 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:
> This looks like a jack issue, so I am cc`ing the jack mailing list...
>
> Any ideas ?

the user is out of ports. either something is using a lot of them, or a
very low port count value is being passed to jackd during startup