Help controlling Jack callback execution order

Help controlling Jack callback execution order

capocasa
Hello everone,

Thanks for making Jack! After seeing working with the API I can finally see for myself what the excitement is all about.

Is it possible to call the execution order of Jack client callbacks, or perhaps ports?

I am working with an application that registers a Jack client on startup, developing a dynamic library that registers a Jack MIDI client when it gets loaded. The application needs some data from the MIDI client via shared memory in the same cycle.

It is my undestanding that jack calls the callback for all clients sequentially, although I don't know in which order. I need to avoid using MIDI data from the previous cycle in the application.

Is there any way to control the order in which jack client callbacks get executed, or ensure same-cycle MIDI data being used in shared memory?

Thank you very much for any help, or corrections in my understanding.

Carlo

Re: Help controlling Jack callback execution order

capocasa
It looks like I interpreted a bit of debug output wrong- jack is actually processing the callbacks in just the right order to be useful.