I: Jack use - help

Marco Bnà

Da: Marco Bnà [mailto:[hidden email]]
Inviato: venerdì 19 ottobre 2007 9.38
A: '[hidden email]'
Oggetto: Jack use - help

Hi all. I’ve tried building jack 0.103 in my ubuntu linux 7.04. I’ve got an error when I compile driver for portaudio because it says that there are errors in portaudio_driver.c (Pa_OpenStream especially… too many args for the call to the function)… The version of portaudio I’ve installed an that I require for other libraries is portaudio v19

After that I’d like to use jack to create like a closed world in which I should launch skype…

Would anyone help me in doing this thing, please?

Best regards,

Marco

Re: I: Jack use - help

Stéphane Letz

Le 19 oct. 07 à 09:46, Marco Bnà a écrit :

> [...]

Portaudio driver is not maintained anymore.

Stephane

R: I: Jack use - help

Marco Bnà
So i should compile removing this driver? Portaudio, if you know, has a
support for jack?

Thanks

Re: R: I: Jack use - help

Stéphane Letz

Le 19 oct. 07 à 09:52, Marco Bnà a écrit :

> So i should compile removing this driver? Portaudio, if you know,
> has a
> support for jack?
>
> Thanks

Jack support in Portaudio has nothing to to with Portaudio driver in
jack ((-:

You can safely *not* compile the Portaudio driver in jack *and* still
use the jack support in Portaudio...;

Stephane

Re: I: Jack use - help

Jack O'Quin
> > Hi all. I've tried building jack 0.103 in my ubuntu linux 7.04.
> > I've got an error when I compile driver for portaudio because it
> > says that there are errors in portaudio_driver.c (Pa_OpenStream
> > especially… too many args for the call to the function)… The
> > version of portaudio I've installed an that I require for other
> > libraries is portaudio v19

> Portaudio driver is not maintained anymore.

And, the one that does exist only works with PA v18.1.

I think you're out of luck.

We would probably accept a patch to use v19 PA,
but there would need to be a committment for support,
if that were done.
--
 joq

Re: R: I: Jack use - help

Jack O'Quin
On 10/19/07, Stéphane Letz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 19 oct. 07 à 09:52, Marco Bnà a écrit :
>
> > So i should compile removing this driver? Portaudio, if you know,
> > has a
> > support for jack?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Jack support in Portaudio has nothing to to with Portaudio driver in
> jack ((-:
>
> You can safely *not* compile the Portaudio driver in jack *and* still
> use the jack support in Portaudio...;

This is probably worth pursuing.  PA v19 has a jack backend (not
very complete the last time I looked at it).  If it works well enough
to handle your PA clients, they could attach to JACK, which would
then run the device using its regular ALSA dirver.
--
 joq