JACK midi to "other" hardware

Jonatan Liljedahl
I have a homebuilt CV/Gate interface (for controlling analogue
synthesizers) connected to the parallelport, and have made a small app
that listens to an ALSA seq port and outputs on this interface.
Now that jack has midi, I want to do a similar client for jack instead,
since I plan to only use jack in my next project.

Now I wonder how I should get it synchronized... I guess I need to
calculate a timestamp and compensate for latency and put the timestamped
events in a queue that is read by some timercallback which does the
actual hardware output at the right time? Could someone give me some
ideas of how to do that?

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]