JACK transport in freewheel mode?

Matthias Geier
Hi list.

This is my first posting to the list.

I'm working on the implementation of a Wave Field Synthesis system
using C++ and JACK.

To play audio files and to record the rendered loudspeaker signals I
use ecasound (with eca-control-interface.h).

In my application I can start and stop the JACK transport and ecasound
reacts accordingly.
This works as intended when using the program in realtime.

I wanted add an offline rendering mode using the freewheeling feature of JACK.
Sadly, it turned out that during freewheeling the JACK transport is
not rolling and therefore ecasound does neither play nor record my
files.

Now my question:
Is it not possible to use the freewheeling and transport features at
the same time?

If it is indeed impossible, do you have any other ideas how I can
realize an offline-mode without throwing all my code away?

TIA,
Matthias

Re: JACK transport in freewheel mode?

Kai Vehmanen
Hi,

On Wed, 23 May 2007, Matthias Geier wrote:

> In my application I can start and stop the JACK transport and ecasound
> reacts accordingly.
> This works as intended when using the program in realtime.
[...]
> I wanted add an offline rendering mode using the freewheeling feature of JACK.
> Sadly, it turned out that during freewheeling the JACK transport is
> not rolling and therefore ecasound does neither play nor record my
> files.

to work around this, disable the ecasound transport support with
'command("cs-option -G:jack,myclientname,notransport");'. This causes the
transport state to be ignored.

Hmm, I probably should add support for the JackFreewheelCallback to avoid
this problem.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv