[Jack-Devel] About using Jack audio connection kit with thunderbolt connection

[Jack-Devel] About using Jack audio connection kit with thunderbolt connection

김영석

To whom it may concern

Hello. This is Yeongseok Kim, a Ph.D. student in KAIST, South Korea.

I really appreciate all the works which has been and being done by Jack audio developers.

I was wondering if there would be any difficulties for using a device connected to PC via thunderbolt 3 with Jack audio connection kit.

Would I be able to use Jack audio connection kit with the device if PC recognizes the device connection via thunderbolt 3?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards.

Yeongseok Kim

Yeongseok Kim

Ph.D. student, System Dynamics and Applied Control Lab., NOVIC PLUS

Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, KAIST

Tel: +82-42-350-3076

Mobile: 010-6462-4248

Re: About using Jack audio connection kit with thunderbolt connection

Chris Caudle
On Sun, January 13, 2019 10:14 pm, 김영석 wrote:
> I was wondering if there would be any difficulties for
> using a device connected to PC via thunderbolt 3 with
> Jack audio connection kit.

Jack audio server does not access the audio devices directly, it uses the
operating system drivers.  As long as your audio device has drivers the
audio device should work.
You did not say which operating system you use, ALSA on Linux, CoreAudio
on MacOS, I think on Windows jack server uses the PortAudio library for
accessing the audio device, which can use more than one Windows API to
access the device.

--
Chris Caudle