[Jack-Devel] Debian package

Robert Bielik
Hi,

I've built jack2 without dbus support for my headless RPi3 but now I'd like to easily install it on another Pi (Zero), so preferrably I'd like to create a .deb package.

How do I go about doing this ?

Regards
/Robert

Re: Debian package

Robert Bielik
> I've built jack2 without dbus support for my headless RPi3 but now I'd like to
> easily install it on another Pi (Zero), so preferrably I'd like to create a .deb
> package.
>
> How do I go about doing this ?

Oh, never mind, found this: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38976

/R

Re: ?==?utf-8?q? Debian package

Ralf Mattes

Am Samstag, 03. Februar 2018 06:38 CET, Robert Bielik <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> > I've built jack2 without dbus support for my headless RPi3 but now I'd like to
> > easily install it on another Pi (Zero), so preferrably I'd like to create a .deb
> > package.
> >
> > How do I go about doing this ?
>
> Oh, never mind, found this: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38976

That sounds overly complicated (for your task at hand).

Just do a 'apt-get source jackd2'. That will probably tell you that the package source
is maintained in git. If you want to use the git version then you probably need to
modify the git repository url given by apt-get - just substitute 'git://' with 'https://'.
Next, change into 'jackd2' and modify the 'rules' file and add/modify the 'waf-configure-options'
(in your case you probably just want to remove the '--dbus' option).
Next, you need to edit debian/control: remove 'libdbus-1-dev' from the Build-Depends section and
remove python-dbus from the 'Depends' section.

HTH Ralf Mattes

> /R

Re: Debian package

Robert Bielik
> Just do a 'apt-get source jackd2'. That will probably tell you that the package
> source
> is maintained in git. If you want to use the git version then you probably need
> modify the git repository url given by apt-get - just substitute 'git://' with
> 'https://'.
> Next, change into 'jackd2' and modify the 'rules' file and add/modify the
> 'waf-configure-options'
> (in your case you probably just want to remove the '--dbus' option).
> Next, you need to edit debian/control: remove 'libdbus-1-dev' from the
> Build-Depends section and
> remove python-dbus from the 'Depends' section.

Thank you Ralf, I missed the depends section stuff, but anyway got it installed and working.

Regards
/R