[Jack-Devel] Fwd: hi from MONGOLIA

ganaa tomor
hi. how are you ?

I have a some question about JJack – Using the JACK Audio Connection Kit with Java.

i can't run it from source code using Netbeans (Java editor).
can you send me video tutorial how to run this JJack tutorial ?

my purpose is to get data from midi keyboard using Rasbian (Raspberry pi OS )
is it possible ?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

Re: Fwd: hi from MONGOLIA

Neil C Smith-2
Hi Ganaa,

On 27 January 2017 at 17:10, ganaa tomor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have a some question about JJack – Using the JACK Audio Connection Kit
> with Java.
>
> i can't run it from source code using Netbeans (Java editor).
> can you send me video tutorial how to run this JJack tutorial ?
>
> my purpose is to get data from midi keyboard using Rasbian (Raspberry pi OS
> )
> is it possible ?

JJack is a dead project - you'd have to compile the native libs
specifically for ARM, and it uses some deprecated functionality.  I'm
not sure it ever supported MIDI either?

Check out JNAJack, which should work OK on Raspbian, although I
haven't tested it.

https://github.com/jaudiolibs/jnajack

There's a binary JAR under releases.  You'll also need JNA -
https://github.com/java-native-access/jna

There are examples of usage for JNAJack, including a MIDI example, at

https://github.com/jaudiolibs/examples/tree/master/src/main/java/org/jaudiolibs/examples

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist & Technologist

Re: Fwd: hi from MONGOLIA

Neil C Smith-2
Hi,

On 29 January 2017 at 06:57, ganaa tomor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But i can't run jnajack because i am beginner. Can you help me to run it on
> the raspberry pi.
> I need a video tutorial...

Sorry, I'm not in a position to do that.  What you really need to do
is look at some NetBeans / Maven tutorials anyway.  It should be
fairly easy to checkout the JNAJack and examples repositories and get
them to work once you've got your head around that.

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith