[Jack-Devel] Is this right for me?

LiVECrys
I need to send 8 channels of audio, 4 stereo and 2 mono, across our network. From one side of the building to the other. This will be up 24/7.

I've been trying to figure this out for about 6 hours straight and I'm about to pull my hair out. :) What little I have left.

I currently have two machines setup on my desk. Each has one sound card currently. Both are windows 7 x64 machines.

My goal was to setup one link to do this all.

I can listen to the audio and reroute it on each machine locally but not over the network. No firewalls are enabled. I can also see on the server machine the slave connecting in the status window.

My understanding is Audio Source -> Slave Machine -> Network -> Master Machine -> Audio Goal

I realize this program is primarily a linux program, but I'm more comfortable in windows.

So I guess I have two questions...

1:) Can I do 8 channels of audio over one set of machines and achieve latency under 100ms?

2:) What am I doing wrong here?

I'm using Qt Jack Controller to do this...
Start Master: 23:37:43.128 jackd -S -v -dportaudio -d"MME::Line In (High Definition Audio " -r48000 -p1024 -i2
Start Slave: 23:42:58.915 jackd -v -P10 -dnet

Then from command prompts...
Run jack_load netmanager on master
Run jack_load audioadapter on slave

Thanks for your advice in advance. I've been struggling with a solution that won't cost me $12000+. There are commercial boxes available that will do this but each end is like $1500.

Alex H