Quantcast

[Jack-Devel] JACK2 for Android!

김정연
Hello,

I have news of JACK2 in android world!

Recently, Samsung released professional audio sdk on android platform which based on JACK2.
It is a part of latest Samsung Mobile SDK:

Source code of JACK2 was retrieved from Samsung's Open Source Release Center(OSRC) at http://opensource.samsung.com/. You can find current repository & more information at below link:

Additionally, SAMSUNG DEVELOPER CONFERENCE(October 28-29, 2013) will be held in San Francisco that one of sessions prepared to introduced professional audio on Samsung's android mobile products:
Session : "Leveraging the Latest Features in Professional Audio Framework in Your App"

Thanks,
KimJeongYeon

Re: JACK2 for Android!

Patrick Shirkey

On Thu, October 24, 2013 11:21 pm, ±èÁ¤¿¬ wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have news of JACK2 in android world!
>
> Recently, Samsung released professional audio sdk on android platform
> which
> based on JACK2.
> It is a part of latest Samsung Mobile SDK:
> http://developer.samsung.com/samsung-mobile-sdk#professional-audio
>
> Source code of JACK2 was retrieved from Samsung's Open Source Release
> Center(OSRC) at http://opensource.samsung.com/. You can find current
> repository & more information at below link:
> https://github.com/KimJeongYeon/jack2_android
>
> Additionally, SAMSUNG DEVELOPER CONFERENCE(October 28-29, 2013) will be
> held in San Francisco that one of sessions prepared to introduced
> professional audio on Samsung's android mobile products:
> http://www.samsungdevcon.com/
> Session : "Leveraging the Latest Features in Professional Audio Framework
> in Your App"
>
> Thanks,
> KimJeongYeon

That's great news Jeong Yeon!

Do you know when devices that support the Professional Audio Framework
will be coming to market?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

Re: JACK2 for Android!

김정연
Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey <at> boosthardware.com> writes:

> That's great news Jeong Yeon!
>
> Do you know when devices that support the Professional Audio Framework
> will be coming to market?
>
> --
> Patrick Shirkey
> Boost Hardware Ltd

Currently, Galaxy Note3 and Galaxy Note10.1 2014 Edition available
Professional Audio Framework.

Thanks,
KimJeongYeon

Re: JACK2 for Android!

Devin Anderson-2
Hi Jeong Yeon,

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 5:21 AM, 김정연 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Recently, Samsung released professional audio sdk on android platform which
> based on JACK2.
> It is a part of latest Samsung Mobile SDK:
> http://developer.samsung.com/samsung-mobile-sdk#professional-audio

I took a look at some of the changes you made.  I noticed that you're
compiling in the old ALSA seq and raw MIDI interfaces, and not using
the 'alsarawmidi' driver.  The old ALSA seq and raw interfaces have
known timing issues that aren't acceptable in a pro audio context.  I
suggest you switch to using the 'alsarawmidi' driver.

Congratulations on the release!

--
Devin Anderson
surfacepatterns (at) gmail (dot) com

blog - http://surfacepatterns.blogspot.com/
midisnoop - http://midisnoop.googlecode.com/
psinsights - http://psinsights.googlecode.com/
synthclone - http://synthclone.googlecode.com/

Re: JACK2 for Android!

Ralf Mardorf
On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 16:53 -0700, Devin Anderson wrote:
> The old ALSA seq and raw interfaces have known timing issues that
> aren't acceptable in a pro audio context.

:)

Re: JACK2 for Android!

김정연

2013. 10. 25. 오전 8:53에 "Devin Anderson" <[hidden email]>님이 작성:

> Hi Jeong Yeon,
>
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 5:21 AM, 김정연 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Recently, Samsung released professional audio sdk on android platform which
> > based on JACK2.
> > It is a part of latest Samsung Mobile SDK:
> > http://developer.samsung.com/samsung-mobile-sdk#professional-audio
>
> I took a look at some of the changes you made.  I noticed that you're
> compiling in the old ALSA seq and raw MIDI interfaces, and not using
> the 'alsarawmidi' driver.  The old ALSA seq and raw interfaces have
> known timing issues that aren't acceptable in a pro audio context.  I
> suggest you switch to using the 'alsarawmidi' driver.
>
> Congratulations on the release!
>
> --
> Devin Anderson
> surfacepatterns (at) gmail (dot) com
>
> blog - http://surfacepatterns.blogspot.com/
> midisnoop - http://midisnoop.googlecode.com/
> psinsights - http://psinsights.googlecode.com/
> synthclone - http://synthclone.googlecode.com/

Hi Devin,

Thanks for feedback.
In my short investigation, there were not found ALSA seq  and raw MIDI driver on the target because I think kernel options disabled it on mobile segment.
I think it seems faced many hardware dependant things on ALSA SoC layer.
That is why 'alsarawmidi' driver couldn't compiled.
Is my understanding and guess right?

Thanks,
KimJeongYeon

Re: JACK2 for Android!

Le 24 oct. 2013 à 14:21, 김정연 <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have news of JACK2 in android world!
>
> Recently, Samsung released professional audio sdk on android platform which based on JACK2.
> It is a part of latest Samsung Mobile SDK:
> http://developer.samsung.com/samsung-mobile-sdk#professional-audio
>
> Source code of JACK2 was retrieved from Samsung's Open Source Release Center(OSRC) at http://opensource.samsung.com/. You can find current repository & more information at below link:
> https://github.com/KimJeongYeon/jack2_android
>
> Additionally, SAMSUNG DEVELOPER CONFERENCE(October 28-29, 2013) will be held in San Francisco that one of sessions prepared to introduced professional audio on Samsung's android mobile products:
> http://www.samsungdevcon.com/
> Session : "Leveraging the Latest Features in Professional Audio Framework in Your App"
>
> Thanks,
> KimJeongYeon

Congratulations for the release!

I read also your code and have somme comments:

- you seems to use a lot of #if (JACK_ANDROID) at several places in the*generic* part of the code. This could be probably cleanup a bit and better moved in android specific files.

-  your JackGoldfishDriver class is defined as a subclass of JackTimedDriver. I don't this this is necessary since your driver is simply a "blocking" one (that is using booking read/write specific API calls right). Then having JackGoldfishDriver be a subclass of JackAudioDriver should be enough

- what are your plan concerning reintegration of the android specific code in the official jack2 tree? This would be great of course, I can help cleanup up the code a bit to facilitate this, if you need to.

Stéphane

Re: JACK2 for Android!

김정연

2013/10/29 Stéphane Letz <[hidden email]>

Le 24 oct. 2013 à 14:21, 김정연 <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have news of JACK2 in android world!
>
> Recently, Samsung released professional audio sdk on android platform which based on JACK2.
> It is a part of latest Samsung Mobile SDK:
> http://developer.samsung.com/samsung-mobile-sdk#professional-audio
>
> Source code of JACK2 was retrieved from Samsung's Open Source Release Center(OSRC) at http://opensource.samsung.com/. You can find current repository & more information at below link:
> https://github.com/KimJeongYeon/jack2_android
>
> Additionally, SAMSUNG DEVELOPER CONFERENCE(October 28-29, 2013) will be held in San Francisco that one of sessions prepared to introduced professional audio on Samsung's android mobile products:
> http://www.samsungdevcon.com/
> Session : "Leveraging the Latest Features in Professional Audio Framework in Your App"
>
> Thanks,
> KimJeongYeon

Congratulations for the release!

I read also your code and have somme comments:

- you seems to use a lot of #if (JACK_ANDROID) at several places in the*generic* part of the code. This could be probably cleanup a bit and better moved in android specific files.

-  your JackGoldfishDriver class is defined as a subclass of JackTimedDriver. I don't this this is necessary since your driver is simply a "blocking" one (that is using booking read/write specific API calls right). Then having JackGoldfishDriver be a subclass of JackAudioDriver should be enough

- what are your plan concerning reintegration of the android specific code in the official jack2 tree? This would be great of course, I can help cleanup up the code a bit to facilitate this, if you need to.

Stéphane

Dear Stephane,

Many thanks for reply!  I deeply appreciate your review and feedback :-)

Of course, I always hope to re-integrate android specific code to official jack2 branch in the near future for accelerate investigation on android platform.

I definitely need your help to cleanup the code which following jack2 branch policy.
Also, I would be start work immediately after my figuring out your intention of code cleanup(or any example).

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding your mail.

Regards,
KimJeongYeon