[Jack-Devel] Jack for Windows multiple channel ASIO WAS Re: Denon ASIO and Jack

[Jack-Devel] Jack for Windows multiple channel ASIO WAS Re: Denon ASIO and Jack

Graham Goode
Hi Stephan,

I've reached the end of my knowledge here, so we've either reached a
bug/limitation or there is a setting that I'm not aware of...

We've got Lloyd's DENON DJ ASIO working with Jack for Windows - BUT it
will only show 1 stereo pair of speaker outputs when there are 4
stereo pairs.

I have an ASUS Sonar D1 soundcard which also has 4 stereo pairs - the
eight channels show up in other ASIO applications, but when using Jack
Control to start the Jack Server with default options I also only get
a single stereo output instead of the 4. So the ASUS ASIO driver does
allow access to the 8 channels, but they don't appear as connections
when using Jack for Windows.

When using ASIO4ALL with Jack for Windows we both see the eight
channels in Jack Control's Connections screen, so for one driver set
the defaults show all 8 and on the other only two channels. Any ideas?
Any command line options to try?

Kind regards,
GrahamG

On 3/14/13, Lloyd Omphroy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>
> Great!, we're moving along;
> Yes, I am receiving at least output from my Denon deck as required into my
> mixer (great!).
>
> The problem is that I am only seeing 'playback 1, and playback 2 (one stereo
> input).
> I am using two Denon decks, each with two stereo outputs (total of four
> stereo outs, should be 8 Jack ports).
>
>  Even with using only one deck, I should be seeing four 'playback' input
> ports.
> I should actually be seeing playback 1 thru playback 8 in writable clients
> when using two Denon decks.
>
> In the future I will be adding an additional sound card to use the extra
> Denon 'playback' stereo inputs, but right now I would just like to get the
> basic setup running.
>
> I did use ASIO4All in the past with Jack, and I did see all required eight
> input clients.
>
> What can I do to see the eight writable clients for these Denon units?
>
> Thanks again for your help,
> Lloyd O.

Re: Jack for Windows multiple channel ASIO WAS Re: Denon ASIO and Jack

Stéphane Letz
What gives again:

1) jackd -d portaudio -l

2) please start in verbose mode (-v) and send me the log

Stéphane

Le 15 mars 2013 à 09:33, Graham Goode <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Stephan,
>
> I've reached the end of my knowledge here, so we've either reached a
> bug/limitation or there is a setting that I'm not aware of...
>
> We've got Lloyd's DENON DJ ASIO working with Jack for Windows - BUT it
> will only show 1 stereo pair of speaker outputs when there are 4
> stereo pairs.
>
> I have an ASUS Sonar D1 soundcard which also has 4 stereo pairs - the
> eight channels show up in other ASIO applications, but when using Jack
> Control to start the Jack Server with default options I also only get
> a single stereo output instead of the 4. So the ASUS ASIO driver does
> allow access to the 8 channels, but they don't appear as connections
> when using Jack for Windows.
>
> When using ASIO4ALL with Jack for Windows we both see the eight
> channels in Jack Control's Connections screen, so for one driver set
> the defaults show all 8 and on the other only two channels. Any ideas?
> Any command line options to try?
>
> Kind regards,
> GrahamG
>
> On 3/14/13, Lloyd Omphroy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Graham,
>>
>> Great!, we're moving along;
>> Yes, I am receiving at least output from my Denon deck as required into my
>> mixer (great!).
>>
>> The problem is that I am only seeing 'playback 1, and playback 2 (one stereo
>> input).
>> I am using two Denon decks, each with two stereo outputs (total of four
>> stereo outs, should be 8 Jack ports).
>>
>> Even with using only one deck, I should be seeing four 'playback' input
>> ports.
>> I should actually be seeing playback 1 thru playback 8 in writable clients
>> when using two Denon decks.
>>
>> In the future I will be adding an additional sound card to use the extra
>> Denon 'playback' stereo inputs, but right now I would just like to get the
>> basic setup running.
>>
>> I did use ASIO4All in the past with Jack, and I did see all required eight
>> input clients.
>>
>> What can I do to see the eight writable clients for these Denon units?
>>
>> Thanks again for your help,
>> Lloyd O.

Re: Jack for Windows multiple channel ASIO WAS Re: Denon ASIO and Jack

Esteban Viveros
I have the same issue... I'm using a M-Audio Fast Track Pro. And it have 4 outputs. I don't understand how to run this verbose mode..

Normally I use this:

 jackd.exe" -R -S -d portaudio "ASIO::M-Audio USB ASIO" -p 128 -r 48000

I ran
jack -d portaudio -l
and I have:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Jack>jackd -d portaudio -l
jackdmp 1.9.9.5
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2012 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Drivers/internals found in : C:\Windows
Drivers/internals found in : C:\Windows
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
********************** Devices list, 23 detected **********************
-------- device #0 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = MME::Microsoft Sound Mapper - Input
Max inputs                  = 2
Max outputs                 = 0
Default sample rate         = 44100.00
-------- device #1 ------------------------------------------------
[ Default Input ]
Name                        = MME::Line 1/2 (M-Audio FastTrack Pro
Max inputs                  = 2
Max outputs                 = 0
-------- device #2 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = MME::Line 3/4 (M-Audio FastTrack Pro
Max inputs                  = 2
Max outputs                 = 0
-------- device #3 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = MME::Microphone (Realtek High Defini
Max inputs                  = 2
Max outputs                 = 0
-------- device #4 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = MME::Microsoft Sound Mapper - Output
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #5 ------------------------------------------------
[ Default Output ]
Name                        = MME::Line 1/2 (M-Audio FastTrack Pro
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #6 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = MME::Realtek Digital Output (Realtek
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #7 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = MME::SyncMaster (Intel(R) High Defin
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #8 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = MME::S/PDIF (M-Audio FastTrack Pro)
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #9 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = MME::Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #10 ------------------------------------------------
[ Default Windows DirectSound Input ]
Name                        = DirectSound::Primary Sound Capture Driver
Max inputs                  = 2
Max outputs                 = 0
-------- device #11 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = DirectSound::Line 1/2 (M-Audio FastTrack Pro)
Max inputs                  = 2
Max outputs                 = 0
-------- device #12 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = DirectSound::Line 3/4 (M-Audio FastTrack Pro)
Max inputs                  = 2
Max outputs                 = 0
-------- device #13 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = DirectSound::Microphone (Realtek High Definition A
udio)
Max inputs                  = 2
Max outputs                 = 0
-------- device #14 ------------------------------------------------
[ Default Windows DirectSound Output ]
Name                        = DirectSound::Primary Sound Driver
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #15 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = DirectSound::Line 1/2 (M-Audio FastTrack Pro)
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #16 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = DirectSound::Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High
Definition Audio)
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #17 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = DirectSound::SyncMaster (Intel(R) High Definition
Audio HDMI)
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #18 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = DirectSound::S/PDIF (M-Audio FastTrack Pro)
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #19 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = DirectSound::Speakers (Realtek High Definition Aud
io)
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 2
-------- device #20 ------------------------------------------------
[ Default ASIO Input ]
[ Default ASIO Output ]
Name                        = ASIO::ASIO4ALL v2
Max inputs                  = 2
Max outputs                 = 2
ASIO minimum buffer size    = 64
ASIO maximum buffer size    = 2048
ASIO preferred buffer size  = 512
ASIO buffer granularity     = 8
-------- device #21 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = ASIO::M-Audio USB ASIO
Max inputs                  = 4
Max outputs                 = 4
ASIO minimum buffer size    = 128
ASIO maximum buffer size    = 4096
ASIO preferred buffer size  = 128
ASIO buffer granularity     = power of 2
-------- device #22 ------------------------------------------------
Name                        = ASIO::ZOOM H Series ASIO
Max inputs                  = 0
Max outputs                 = 0
ASIO minimum buffer size    = 44
ASIO maximum buffer size    = 882
ASIO preferred buffer size  = 221
ASIO buffer granularity     = 22
**************************** End of list ****************************
Cannot initialize driver
JackServer::Open failed with -1
Failed to open server

2013/3/15 Stéphane Letz <[hidden email]>
What gives again:

1) jackd -d portaudio -l

2) please start in verbose mode (-v) and send me the log

Stéphane

Le 15 mars 2013 à 09:33, Graham Goode <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Stephan,
>
> I've reached the end of my knowledge here, so we've either reached a
> bug/limitation or there is a setting that I'm not aware of...
>
> We've got Lloyd's DENON DJ ASIO working with Jack for Windows - BUT it
> will only show 1 stereo pair of speaker outputs when there are 4
> stereo pairs.
>
> I have an ASUS Sonar D1 soundcard which also has 4 stereo pairs - the
> eight channels show up in other ASIO applications, but when using Jack
> Control to start the Jack Server with default options I also only get
> a single stereo output instead of the 4. So the ASUS ASIO driver does
> allow access to the 8 channels, but they don't appear as connections
> when using Jack for Windows.
>
> When using ASIO4ALL with Jack for Windows we both see the eight
> channels in Jack Control's Connections screen, so for one driver set
> the defaults show all 8 and on the other only two channels. Any ideas?
> Any command line options to try?
>
> Kind regards,
> GrahamG
>
> On 3/14/13, Lloyd Omphroy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Graham,
>>
>> Great!, we're moving along;
>> Yes, I am receiving at least output from my Denon deck as required into my
>> mixer (great!).
>>
>> The problem is that I am only seeing 'playback 1, and playback 2 (one stereo
>> input).
>> I am using two Denon decks, each with two stereo outputs (total of four
>> stereo outs, should be 8 Jack ports).
>>
>> Even with using only one deck, I should be seeing four 'playback' input
>> ports.
>> I should actually be seeing playback 1 thru playback 8 in writable clients
>> when using two Denon decks.
>>
>> In the future I will be adding an additional sound card to use the extra
>> Denon 'playback' stereo inputs, but right now I would just like to get the
>> basic setup running.
>>
>> I did use ASIO4All in the past with Jack, and I did see all required eight
>> input clients.
>>
>> What can I do to see the eight writable clients for these Denon units?
>>
>> Thanks again for your help,
>> Lloyd O.

Esteban Viveros

(27) 8815 7170
(27) 3066 0359
(11) 95761 4125
(11) 2738 7868

www.bandpage.com/estebanviveros

https://www.facebook.com/estebanviveros.art

http://www.papodecompositor-es.blogspot.com.br/

http://expurgacao.art.br/

On 3/15/13, Stéphane Letz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What gives again:
>
> 1) jackd -d portaudio -l
>
> 2) please start in verbose mode (-v) and send me the log
>
> Stéphane

Thanks Stéphane, doing this showed me that I had an error when
starting jackd from Jack Control due to the 32-bit ASIO ASUS Driver
having a different name to the ASUS 64-bit ASIO driver

The verbose log showed that jackd was failing to open the ASIO driver
and so fellback to the default driver (dsound) which only exposes two
channels...

Now starting jackd from the command line with the correct driver name,
I have all eight channels available on my ASUS device.

Is there any possibility of getting Qjackctl/JackPortAudio for Windows
in 64-bit? :)

@Lloyd, could you send us a verbose log?

From the command line use something like

jackd -v -t5000 -dportaudio -d"ASIO::DENON DJ Asio" -r44100 -p512 > jacklog.txt

This will output the log to a jacklog.txt file in your Jack folder.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

Re: Jack for Windows multiple channel ASIO WAS Re: Denon ASIO and Jack

Esteban Viveros
I try now:

jackd.exe -v -R -S -d portaudio "ASIO::M-Audio USB ASIO" -p 128 -r 48000 > jacklog.txt

but I have:
Access is denied

running it in administrator mode I have success...

2013/3/15 Graham Goode <[hidden email]>
On 3/15/13, Stéphane Letz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What gives again:
>
> 1) jackd -d portaudio -l
>
> 2) please start in verbose mode (-v) and send me the log
>
> Stéphane

Thanks Stéphane, doing this showed me that I had an error when
starting jackd from Jack Control due to the 32-bit ASIO ASUS Driver
having a different name to the ASUS 64-bit ASIO driver

The verbose log showed that jackd was failing to open the ASIO driver
and so fellback to the default driver (dsound) which only exposes two
channels...

Now starting jackd from the command line with the correct driver name,
I have all eight channels available on my ASUS device.

Is there any possibility of getting Qjackctl/JackPortAudio for Windows
in 64-bit? :)

@Lloyd, could you send us a verbose log?

From the command line use something like

jacklog.txt (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Jack for Windows multiple channel ASIO WAS Re: Denon ASIO and Jack

Graham Goode
Hi Esteban,

You're missing the second '-d' for the audio device configuration just
before the "ASIO::nnn" declaration. Please try this one:

jackd.exe -v -R -S -d portaudio -d "ASIO::M-Audio USB ASIO" -p 128 -r
48000 > jacklog1.txt

Kind regards,
GrahamG

On 3/15/13, Esteban Viveros <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I try now:
>
> jackd.exe -v -R -S -d portaudio "ASIO::M-Audio USB ASIO" -p 128 -r 48000 >
> jacklog.txt

Re: Jack for Windows multiple channel ASIO WAS Re: Denon ASIO and Jack

Esteban Viveros
Ok... Something wrong...

jackd.exe -v -R -S -d portaudio -d "ASIO::M-Audio USB ASIO" -p 128 -r
48000 > jacklog1.txt

don't create log file, when I interrupt with Ctrl+c, I have in command line:
C:\Program Files <x86>\Jack>48000 > jacklog1.txt

something like the system stop to read de command ahead of time.. :/

--

Esteban Viveros

(27) 8815 7170
(27) 3066 0359
(11) 95761 4125
(11) 2738 7868

www.bandpage.com/estebanviveros

https://www.facebook.com/estebanviveros.art

http://www.papodecompositor-es.blogspot.com.br/

http://expurgacao.art.br/

Re: Jack for Windows multiple channel ASIO WAS Re: Denon ASIO and Jack

Esteban Viveros
Dear List,

My problem is solved with Graham suggestion.

jackd.exe -R -S -d portaudio -d "ASIO::M-Audio USB ASIO" -d -p 128 -r 48000

Best Regards