[Jack-Devel] Jack won't start on boot

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
77 messages Options
1234
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Jack-Devel] Jack won't start on boot

Alexandros Drymonitis
I'm trying to run a script in my Odroid-U3 which launches Jack and Pd,
but Jack doesn't start.

This is my script, called 'launch_jack_pd.sh':
#!/bin/bash
jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000 &

pd -jack -inchannels 2 -outchannels 4 -nogui -open


I've tried launching it with cron (user's odroid cron, not root), by
appending the following line at the end:
@reboot sleep 30 ; sh /home/odroid/scripts/launch_jack_pd.sh

I've also tried launching it with rc.local, by placing the following
line before 'exit 0':
sudo -c '/home/odroid/scripts/launch_jack_pd.sh' - odroid &

None of them seem to work. Pd runs, but Jack doesn't. The script is
callable manually and works as expected. The Odroid runs lubunty 14.04.2
LTS, and Jack is jackdmp 1.9.10

Any tips?
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:11:31 +0300, alex wrote:
>jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000

Hi,

run the command from command line, perhaps you get something like

"ALSA: cannot set channel count to 2 for capture"

and/or

"ALSA: cannot set channel count to 4 for playback"

Regards,
Ralf
--
Vote for apulse!
echo $(w3m https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apulse |grep 'Votes:    ')
Votes: 84                         Updated: Sat Jul  8 18:22:39 CEST 2017
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Alexandros Drymonitis


On 07/08/2017 07:22 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:11:31 +0300, alex wrote:
>> jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000
> Hi,
>
> run the command from command line, perhaps you get something like
>
> "ALSA: cannot set channel count to 2 for capture"
>
> and/or
>
> "ALSA: cannot set channel count to 4 for playback"
I'm able to run the command from the command line and Jack runs fine.
The thing is it won't run on boot. Actually, when booting up, after I
realize that Pd is running but Jack isn't (no sound is coming out, plus
the DSP can't go on in Pd, there's an LED for visual feedback that
doesn't go on), I SSH to the Odroid, and typing "top" sometimes shows
jack the first time, consuming quite some CPU (like 67 or even higher),
and then Jack disappears. Trying to kill Jack with "killall jackd" gives
me that there's no process found.

I read some threads about it and saw something about /etc/init.d/jackd
and /etc/default/jackd which were not in my system.
In this thread
http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/autostarting-jackd-at-bootup-with-Ubuntu-Debian-td66899.html 
there are two links to these scripts, but putting them there (and making
/etc/init.d/jackd executable) didn't do the trick.
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:41:17 +0300, alex wrote:
>I SSH to the Odroid, and typing "top" sometimes shows
>jack the first time, consuming quite some CPU (like 67 or even
>higher), and then Jack disappears. Trying to kill Jack with "killall
>jackd" gives me that there's no process found.
>
>I read some threads about it and saw something about /etc/init.d/jackd
>and /etc/default/jackd which were not in my system.

Hi,

just a shot into the dark. Are you using a hybrid systemd distro?

  ls -l /?bin/init /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-sysv-generator

Why don't you write a log file?

  date; killall -9 jackd; sleep 5; jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000 >>/tmp/jackd.log 2>&1 &

Regards,
Ralf

--
Vote for apulse!
echo $(w3m https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apulse |grep 'Votes:    ')
Votes: 84                         Updated: Sat Jul  8 19:06:16 CEST 2017
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:06:19 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>  date; killall -9 jackd; sleep 5; jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512
> -r48000 >>/tmp/jackd.log 2>&1 &

Oops, it should read

  date >>/tmp/jackd.log; killall -9 jackd; sleep 5; jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000 >>/tmp/jackd.log 2>&1 &
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf
In reply to this post by Ralf Mardorf
You ensure that the device always is hw:1, by

  /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

  options snd slots=,snd_driver_name

?

Why not using

  hw:card_name

?
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Joakim Hernberg-2
In reply to this post by Alexandros Drymonitis
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:11:31 +0300
alex <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to run a script in my Odroid-U3 which launches Jack and
> Pd, but Jack doesn't start.
>
> This is my script, called 'launch_jack_pd.sh':
> #!/bin/bash
> jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000 &
>
> pd -jack -inchannels 2 -outchannels 4 -nogui -open

Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running before
you start pd?

--

   Joakim
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Alexandros Drymonitis


On 07/08/2017 08:30 PM, Joakim Hernberg wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:11:31 +0300
> alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to run a script in my Odroid-U3 which launches Jack and
>> Pd, but Jack doesn't start.
>>
>> This is my script, called 'launch_jack_pd.sh':
>> #!/bin/bash
>> jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000 &
>>
>> pd -jack -inchannels 2 -outchannels 4 -nogui -open
> Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running before
> you start pd?
But the script runs fine when launched manually. It's just that jack
won't run on boot.
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf
In reply to this post by Joakim Hernberg-2
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:30:17 +0200, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
>Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running before
>you start pd?

I suspect it wouldn't explain:

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:11:31 +0300, alex wrote:
>Pd runs, but Jack doesn't.

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:41:17 +0300, alex wrote:
>I SSH to the Odroid, and typing "top" sometimes shows
>jack the first time, consuming quite some CPU (like 67 or even
>higher), and then Jack disappears.

I would redirect jackd's stdout und stderr to a log file.

I guess "jackd... &>>log.file" does the same as my "jackd... >>log.file 2>&1" does ;).
--
Vote for apulse!
echo $(w3m https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apulse |grep 'Votes:    ')
Votes: 84                         Updated: Sat Jul  8 19:39:19 CEST 2017
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf
In reply to this post by Alexandros Drymonitis
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 20:37:51 +0300, alex wrote:
>On 07/08/2017 08:30 PM, Joakim Hernberg wrote:  
>> Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running
>> before you start pd?    
>But the script runs fine when launched manually. It's just that jack
>won't run on boot.  

If you start jackd at boot, you start it for the very first time. If
you start jackd after that from command line, it's already in the cache
and might launch faster. I don't think it's the culprit, but it
explains that running software for the first time does take longer, than
starting it for the second time.
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Alexandros Drymonitis


On 07/08/2017 08:54 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 20:37:51 +0300, alex wrote:
>> On 07/08/2017 08:30 PM, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
>>> Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running
>>> before you start pd?
>> But the script runs fine when launched manually. It's just that jack
>> won't run on boot.
> If you start jackd at boot, you start it for the very first time. If
> you start jackd after that from command line, it's already in the cache
> and might launch faster. I don't think it's the culprit, but it
> explains that running software for the first time does take longer, than
> starting it for the second time.
So do you recommend to add a delay after launching jack and before
launching pd?
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 20:56:02 +0300, alex wrote:

>On 07/08/2017 08:54 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 20:37:51 +0300, alex wrote:  
>>> On 07/08/2017 08:30 PM, Joakim Hernberg wrote:  
>>>> Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running
>>>> before you start pd?  
>>> But the script runs fine when launched manually. It's just that jack
>>> won't run on boot.  
>> If you start jackd at boot, you start it for the very first time. If
>> you start jackd after that from command line, it's already in the
>> cache and might launch faster. I don't think it's the culprit, but it
>> explains that running software for the first time does take longer,
>> than starting it for the second time.  
>So do you recommend to add a delay after launching jack and before
>launching pd?

It doesn't harm.

But instead of continuing guessing, it's much more important to
redirect jackd's stdout und stderr to a log file, as explained by
precious replies.

Regards,
Ralf
--
Vote for apulse!
echo $(w3m https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apulse |grep 'Votes:    ')
Votes: 84                         Updated: Sat Jul  8 19:59:34 CEST 2017
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:59:36 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 20:56:02 +0300, alex wrote:
>>On 07/08/2017 08:54 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:  
>>> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 20:37:51 +0300, alex wrote:    
>>>> On 07/08/2017 08:30 PM, Joakim Hernberg wrote:    
>>>>> Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running
>>>>> before you start pd?    
>>>> But the script runs fine when launched manually. It's just that
>>>> jack won't run on boot.    
>>> If you start jackd at boot, you start it for the very first time. If
>>> you start jackd after that from command line, it's already in the
>>> cache and might launch faster. I don't think it's the culprit, but
>>> it explains that running software for the first time does take
>>> longer, than starting it for the second time.    
>>So do you recommend to add a delay after launching jack and before
>>launching pd?  
>
>It doesn't harm.
>
>But instead of continuing guessing, it's much more important to
>redirect jackd's stdout und stderr to a log file, as explained by
>precious replies.
 ^^^^^^^^
 A funny typo :D. "previous"
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Alexandros Drymonitis
In reply to this post by Ralf Mardorf


On 07/08/2017 08:59 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 20:56:02 +0300, alex wrote:
>> On 07/08/2017 08:54 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 20:37:51 +0300, alex wrote:
>>>> On 07/08/2017 08:30 PM, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
>>>>> Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running
>>>>> before you start pd?
>>>> But the script runs fine when launched manually. It's just that jack
>>>> won't run on boot.
>>> If you start jackd at boot, you start it for the very first time. If
>>> you start jackd after that from command line, it's already in the
>>> cache and might launch faster. I don't think it's the culprit, but it
>>> explains that running software for the first time does take longer,
>>> than starting it for the second time.
>> So do you recommend to add a delay after launching jack and before
>> launching pd?
> It doesn't harm.
>
> But instead of continuing guessing, it's much more important to
> redirect jackd's stdout und stderr to a log file, as explained by
> precious replies.
Well, I just tried to redirect jack's stdout and stderr as you suggested
to /tmp/jackd.log, but it doesn't happen. I created the following script
called 'launch_jack.sh':
date >>/tmp/jackd.log; killall -9 jackd; sleep 5; jackd -dalsa -dhw:1
-i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000 >>/tmp/jackd.log 2>&1 &

And then changed the rc.local to call this script, but there's no
jackd.log file. Again, if I run the script manually from the terminal,
the file is created and the following is being written in it:
sáb ene  1 11:35:26 ACDT 2000
jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2013 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
audio_reservation_init
Acquire audio card Audio1
creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1|512|2|48000|2|4|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 512 frames (10.7 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback

But only when started manually..
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Alexandros Drymonitis
In reply to this post by Ralf Mardorf


On 07/08/2017 08:19 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> You ensure that the device always is hw:1, by
>
>    /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
>
>    options snd slots=,snd_driver_name
>
> ?
>
> Why not using
>
>    hw:card_name
>
> ?
> ______________________________________________
Yes, It's a setup inside an enclosure that I never touch, and the sound
card I'm using is always attached to the Odroid.
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Robin Gareus
In reply to this post by Joakim Hernberg-2
On 07/08/2017 07:30 PM, Joakim Hernberg wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:11:31 +0300
> alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to run a script in my Odroid-U3 which launches Jack and
>> Pd, but Jack doesn't start.
>>
>> This is my script, called 'launch_jack_pd.sh':
>> #!/bin/bash
>> jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000 &
>>
>> pd -jack -inchannels 2 -outchannels 4 -nogui -open
>
> Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running before
> you start pd?
>

OT here, but there's  `jack_wait` (comes with jackd) to wait for JACK to
become available (better than "sleep").

2c,
robin
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf
In reply to this post by Alexandros Drymonitis
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 21:04:29 +0300, alex wrote:
>Yes, It's a setup inside an enclosure that I never touch, and the
>sound card I'm using is always attached to the Odroid.

Hi,

that doesn't ensure that it's always hw:1. OTOH if you run the script
from command line and it works, then the device obviously is hw:1.

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 21:04:03 +0300, alex wrote:
>Well, I just tried to redirect jack's stdout and stderr as you
>suggested to /tmp/jackd.log, but it doesn't happen. I created the
>following script called 'launch_jack.sh':
>date >>/tmp/jackd.log; killall -9 jackd; sleep 5; jackd -dalsa -dhw:1
>-i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000 >>/tmp/jackd.log 2>&1 &

Do you get a log file, if you run the script from command line?

What distro are you using?

What init system are you using?

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
# ALSA module ordering
options snd slots=snd_hdspm,snd_ice1712,snd_ice1712

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: HDSPMx579bcc [RME AIO_579bcc], device 0: RME AIO [RME AIO]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: EWX2496 [TerraTec EWX24/96], device 0: ICE1712 multi [ICE1712 multi]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 4: USB [Scarlett 18i20 USB], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ grep PRETTY /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Arch Linux"
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Q jack2
jack2 1.9.10.r263.gf3a6b3e4-1
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ jackd --version
jackdmp version 1.9.11-RC1 tmpdir /dev/shm protocol 8
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ ls -l /?bin/init /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-sysv-generator
ls: cannot access '/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-sysv-generator': No such file or directory
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Jul  6 15:27 /sbin/init -> ../lib/systemd/systemd
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ rm /tmp/jackd.log
rm: cannot remove '/tmp/jackd.log': No such file or directory
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ cat /tmp/foo.sh
#!/bin/bash

date >>/tmp/jackd.log; killall -9 jackd; sleep 5; jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000 >>/tmp/jackd.log 2>&1 &

exit
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ /tmp/foo.sh
jackd: no process found
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ cat /tmp/jackd.log
Sat Jul  8 21:22:52 CEST 2017
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
jackdmp 1.9.11-RC1
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2016 Grame.
Copyright 2016-2017 Filipe Coelho.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"
audio_reservation_init
Acquire audio card Audio1
creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1|512|2|48000|2|4|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 512 frames (10.7 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: cannot set channel count to 2 for capture
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
Released audio card Audio1
audio_reservation_finish
Cannot initialize driver
JackServer::Open failed with -1
Failed to open server
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$

Regards,
Ralf


_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: ?==?utf-8?q? Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mattes
In reply to this post by Robin Gareus
 
Am Samstag, 08. Juli 2017 20:20 CEST, Robin Gareus <[hidden email]> schrieb:

>
> OT here, but there's  `jack_wait` (comes with jackd) to wait for JACK to
> become available (better than "sleep").

Not OT at all. I was just starting to write a grumpy reply myself.
Just a few questions/suggestions:

 - when you test your script do you run it as the same user as during bootup?
 - init scripts do run in a very restricted environment. Test your script with a
   stripped environment:

 /usr/bin/env -i /path/to/launch_jack_pd.sh

Cheers,  Ralf Mattes

>
> 2c,
> robin
> _______________________________________________
> Jack-Devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
 
 
 
 


_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: ?==?utf-8?q? Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf
On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 21:29:53 +0200, Ralf Mattes wrote:
> - init scripts do run in a very restricted environment. Test your
> script with a stripped environment:

Let alone that some distros are hybrids, actually using systemd (units),
but providing systemd-sysv-generator.

This is asking for trouble!

--
Vote for apulse!
echo $(w3m https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apulse |grep 'Votes:    ')
Votes: 84                         Updated: Sat Jul  8 21:54:16 CEST 2017
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Jack won't start on boot

Joakim Hernberg-2
In reply to this post by Alexandros Drymonitis
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 20:37:51 +0300
alex <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07/08/2017 08:30 PM, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> > On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:11:31 +0300
> > alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >  
> >> I'm trying to run a script in my Odroid-U3 which launches Jack and
> >> Pd, but Jack doesn't start.
> >>
> >> This is my script, called 'launch_jack_pd.sh':
> >> #!/bin/bash
> >> jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -i2 -o4 -p512 -r48000 &
> >>
> >> pd -jack -inchannels 2 -outchannels 4 -nogui -open  
> > Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running
> > before you start pd?  
> But the script runs fine when launched manually. It's just that jack
> won't run on boot.

Missed that.

Jack has to be run as a user daemon, though there a promiscuous mode
that would allow it to be started by any user (or root) and still be
available for use by any other user.

--

   Joakim
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
1234
Loading...