[Jack-Devel] Need some help with Jack

LION .
Hey mate.

I have recently installed a copy of JACK onto my MAC and have been trying to use Mainstage 3 in Ableton live. I can't seem to figure out how to do this and was wondering if you could help me out as I just paid apple $47 for there instruments and can't use them.

Kind regards

Alex

Re: Need some help with Jack

colinsullivan
Greetings,

I think it is not possible to get audio from Mainstage into Jack on any recent macOS.  Ableton does support Jack though.

It looks like using ReWire, Mainstage has to be the "host" and Ableton the "device".  This is probably not what you want - it basically reduces Ableton to built-in software synths on MIDI tracks.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3656229
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209774305-Using-Live-and-ReWire#rewire-slave
I'd try Soundflower or Loopback.  *sigh*
----------
Colin

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 5:37 PM LION . <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey mate.

I have recently installed a copy of JACK onto my MAC and have been trying to use Mainstage 3 in Ableton live. I can't seem to figure out how to do this and was wondering if you could help me out as I just paid apple $47 for there instruments and can't use them.

Kind regards

Alex

Re: Need some help with Jack

David Kastrup
"LION ." <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hey mate.
>
> I have recently installed a copy of JACK onto my MAC and have been
> trying to use Mainstage 3 in Ableton live. I can't seem to figure out
> how to do this and was wondering if you could help me out as I just
> paid apple $47 for there instruments and can't use them.

Sorry not to be of any help regarding the actual question here.  I don't
really want to engage in fingerpointing here: it is not like the
question's stance would be all that unusual.  And I don't have a
personal investment here either so I don't have standing to complain
either.

That being said I find it irritating that the expected flow of help and
the flow of money used for justifying that expectation are so entirely
orthogonal here.  As I said: this is not really unusual.

Does anybody have a good idea what it would take to make it unusual?

--
David Kastrup

Re: Need some help with Jack

LION .
I ended up getting a refund on mainstage 3 and buying a vst synth instead.