[Jack-Devel] Odp: Jack1 && jack_get_uuid_for_client_name

[Jack-Devel] Odp: Jack1 && jack_get_uuid_for_client_name

Pawel
hmm .. maybe I just asking the wrong questions ?

Are JackSession is obsolete or some kind of taboo ?
Or maybe Jack1 is ?

It's pretty annoying that no one can at least confirm or denied this bug.

OFC http://trac.jackaudio.org/ is broken, so even can't report bug in this way.

Pawel

Dnia Sobota, 12 Stycznia 2013 21:31 Pawel <[hidden email]> napisał(a)

> Hi,
>
> Am I right that 'jack_get_uuid_for_client_name' is not implemented in Jack1 ? I got error when try to use it.
>
> My simple investigation. For example API function that works well:
>
> $ grep --exclude '*.html' -Frl 'jack_get_client_name_by_uuid' jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/
> jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/libjack/client.c
> jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/tools/connect.c
> jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/tools/session_notify.c
> jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/jack/session.h
>
> And this does not:
>
> $ grep --exclude '*.html' -Flr 'jack_get_uuid_for_client_name' jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/
> jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/jack/session.h
>

> Best Regards
> Pawel

Re: Odp: Jack1 && jack_get_uuid_for_client_name

Paul Davis

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Pawel <[hidden email]> wrote:
hmm .. maybe I just asking the wrong questions ?

Are JackSession is obsolete or some kind of taboo ?
Or maybe Jack1 is ?

It's pretty annoying that no one can at least confirm or denied this bug.

you need to understand more about how JACK is developed.

there are basically 2 people who will pay close attention to issues with JACK - myself and stephane. i pay attention to jack1 issues and general API, stephane pays attention to jack2 (and general API issues to some extent). both stephane and i have fulltime other activities to pay attention to. there are no other active developers at this time although adrian knoth and nedko arnaudov have provided occasional small patches.

JackSession was implemented by torben who is still on the mailing list but has a full time job (working on the linux kernel) and he does not tend to be involved in JACK development at this time.

when people do not answer your question(s) it is because (a) we are all busy with other (fulltime) things and/or (b) we feel that someone else is better positioned to answer it (even though they may not do so).

OFC http://trac.jackaudio.org/ is broken, so even can't report bug in this way.

this has been known about for a long time. the people who set up trac have not yet fixed it. it was broken by the webhosting service.

Re: Odp: Jack1 && jack_get_uuid_for_client_name

Hermann Meyer
Am 17.01.2013 13:30, schrieb Pawel:

> hmm .. maybe I just asking the wrong questions ?
>
> Are JackSession is obsolete or some kind of taboo ?
> Or maybe Jack1 is ?
>
> It's pretty annoying that no one can at least confirm or denied this bug.
>
> OFC http://trac.jackaudio.org/ is broken, so even can't report bug in this way.
>
> Pawel
>
> Dnia Sobota, 12 Stycznia 2013 21:31 Pawel<[hidden email]>  napisał(a)
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am I right that 'jack_get_uuid_for_client_name' is not implemented in Jack1 ? I got error when try to use it.
>>
>> My simple investigation. For example API function that works well:
>>
>> $ grep --exclude '*.html' -Frl 'jack_get_client_name_by_uuid' jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/
>> jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/libjack/client.c
>> jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/tools/connect.c
>> jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/tools/session_notify.c
>> jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/jack/session.h
>>
>> And this does not:
>>
>> $ grep --exclude '*.html' -Flr 'jack_get_uuid_for_client_name' jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/
>> jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3/jack/session.h
>>

>> Best Regards
>> Pawel

Hi Pawel

The problem is known at-least I report it on Nov 02, 2011

You can read the full thread about it here:
http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/Fwd-Re-Guitarix-developer-jack-session-crash-td6618.html#a6638

you will found there as well some work around's for this wired problem.

greets
hermann

[Jack-Devel] Restoring trac website (was: Re: Odp: Jack1 && jack_get_uuid_for_client_name)

Jonathan Woithe-2
Hi Paul

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 07:42:44AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> > OFC http://trac.jackaudio.org/ is broken, so even can't report bug in
> > this way.
>
> this has been known about for a long time. the people who set up trac have
> not yet fixed it. it was broken by the webhosting service.

Since both this and the FFADO website were set up at about the same time,
the problem with trac.jackaudio.org is probably the same as we had with
subversion.ffado.org: the python mysql module needs to be recompiled.  The
python error trace from trac.jackaudio.org is almost the same as we were
getting from the ffado site so there's a good chance that it has the same
root cause.  If this is indeed the problem and the mysql python source tree
remains on the host (it was in ffado's case) then the exercise should be
almost trivial.

I recall hearing that there was talk of migrating the content elsewhere at
some point, but if this is still some way off and we know who has access to
the existing host it should be possible to restore trac.jackaudio.org with a
minimum of fuss.

Regards
  jonathan