[Jack-Devel] Remaining problems

liebrecht
Regarding my previous post with the same topic.
To consolidate remaining problems

CONFIRMED: I can confirm that mixbus output reaches the 1818vsl. I
switched on the internal metronome in mixbus and it was routed by jack
to the 1818vsl.

The problem now is... how to verify that jack actually routes the inputs
of the 1818vsl properly.
See my previous post regarding this where I ask if someone regularly
tests inputs and outputs with a test program.
I need something independent that will capture from the system capture
data as routed by jack from the system outputs which are routing the
1818vsl inputs..

Re: Remaining problems

Chris Caudle
On Tue, March 26, 2019 11:52 am, [hidden email] wrote:
> The problem now is... how to verify that jack actually routes the inputs
> of the 1818vsl properly.

What method will you use to connect jack ports to applications?  I find
qjackctl most convenient, but since you have decided that application is
not for you, will you use mixbus, jack_connect, or something else?

Have you checked here for something useful?
http://jackaudio.org/applications/

jackrec is useful and relatively easy to use:
jackrec -f filename -d seconds [ -b bitdepth ] port1 [ port2 ... ]

Ebumeter can provide visual indication of source level:
http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/ebumeter-doc/quickguide.html

Jack and ALSA audio analyzer (JAAA) can provide simple test instrument
style use:
http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/jaaa-pict.html

Keep in mind that if you want to use the S/PDIF input of your interface
you will have to change the clock source to S/PDIF input.  Your output of
lsusb previously posted showed that the interface was using internal
clock, not S/PDIF clock.  If you enable S/PDIF as the clock source you
will need to keep a digital input always running to the interface to
provide the clock.

--
Chris Caudle