[Jack-Devel] Suddenly, Cakewalk won't connect to Jack

[Jack-Devel] Suddenly, Cakewalk won't connect to Jack

lowkeyoutlaw
It was working two days ago. No system changes whatsoever. Cakewalk is still
configured to receive audio from Jack. It just stopped working.

Windows 10 x64
8gb Ram

--
Sent from: http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/Jackit-f3.html

Re: Suddenly, Cakewalk won't connect to Jack

lowkeyoutlaw
Ok, so when I start jackd, the window shows this:
jackdmp 1.9.11
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2016 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Drivers/internals found in : C:\Windows
Drivers/internals found in : C:\Windows
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"

I open Cakewalk, nothing. Then I open a cakewalk project set up to accept
audio from Jack. (It shows Jack router in Cakewalk settings as being the
only active audio device. I assure you this part of the routing is good, it
worked until a couple of days ago). Anyway when I open said project
template, the cmd window says:

JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 42 port_dst = 9
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 43 port_dst = 10
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 44 port_dst = 11
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 45 port_dst = 12
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 46 port_dst = 13
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 42 port_dst = 9
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 43 port_dst = 10
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 44 port_dst = 11
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 45 port_dst = 12
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 46 port_dst = 13

Then I open the Akai MPC software (the plugin of which suuuucks, thus the
need for Jack). The cmd window says this:

JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 5 port_dst = 16
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 6 port_dst = 17
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 7 port_dst = 18
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 8 port_dst = 19
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 48 port_dst = 9
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 49 port_dst = 10
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 50 port_dst = 11
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 51 port_dst = 12
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 52 port_dst = 13
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 5 port_dst = 80
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 6 port_dst = 81
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 7 port_dst = 82
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 8 port_dst = 83
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 112 port_dst = 9
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 113 port_dst = 10
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 114 port_dst = 11
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 115 port_dst = 12
JackGraphManager::Connect different port types port_src = 116 port_dst = 13

All tracks in MPC are routed to their appropriate output. Confusingly, Only
the first track sounds. Cakewalk doesn't hear it or any other output. Output
seems to be going straight to my computer's audio out, but only from 1,2.

It makes no sense to me that it was working just a couple days ago the
suddenly stopped. I appreciate any help anyone might give me. Thank you.

--
Sent from: http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/Jackit-f3.html

Re: Suddenly, Cakewalk won't connect to Jack

Kjetil Matheussen-2
I don't know. Maybe just try to narrow down what's wrong:

1. Check if the problem lies in Cakewalk:
Can you receive sound from other inputs in Cakewalk? From an internal soundcard for instance.

2. Check if the problem lies in JackRouter:
Try to record from a different ASIO program than Cakewalk.

3. Check if the program lies in Akai MPC:
Try to send sound to JackRouter from a different source than Akai MPC.
(try radium: http://users.notam02.no/~kjetism/radium/download.php . Radium is also good to check if Jack works properly)

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 3:29 AM, lowkeyoutlaw <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nedko Arnaudov
lowkeyoutlaw <[hidden email]> writes:

> It was working two days ago. No system changes whatsoever. Cakewalk is still
> configured to receive audio from Jack. It just stopped working.
>
> Windows 10 x64
> 8gb Ram

HTH,

If it just stopped working then either it is human error or system
error. To assume former is wrong so the problem probably lies in self
updating proprietary (operating) system you use.

From the messages in your other email, it seems like different system
processes use different binary builds of jack dll.

If you cannot repair it, you don't own it :)

Re: Suddenly, Cakewalk won't connect to Jack

lowkeyoutlaw
I was beginning to think the same thing, maybe a windows update killed it. I
even formatted my drive and did a clean w10 install, ran all the updates,
and the problem persists.

As for Tue other post, great ideas. So far:

MPC sends audio to Harrison Mixbus fine, but it has a couple of extra
connections on 1,2 that need to be disabled each time they open or else 1&2
are REALLY LOUD.

I also tried to connect using the Jack Control thingy, and here are some
more clues: 1,2 are occupied by something. I have no idea what, but I can
get all the rest of the connections to work via either "Connections" or
"Patch bay." 1&2 won't connect for s***t no matter what I do.

Asio4all says that they're occupied by that MS Wavetable Synth that always
shows up in my midi devices. I did a web search, but no one seems to know
how to disable it. I normally use FL ASIO, it's way more stable than
ASIO4ALL but I was desperate.

I have disabled "exclusive" in Control Panel/Sounds.

Thanks for the responses. I'll try some more stuff today.

--
Sent from: http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/Jackit-f3.html

Re: Suddenly, Cakewalk won't connect to Jack

lowkeyoutlaw
I should clarify: I made no system changes BEFORE I posted. After that, I
tried everything I could think of to no avail.

--
Sent from: http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/Jackit-f3.html

Re: Suddenly, Cakewalk won't connect to Jack

lowkeyoutlaw
OK I found that MS Wavetable thingy in device manager & disabled it. No luck.
Then I used Jack Control to delete all connections & put them back where
they belong. No idea why I suddenly have to do this now, it just worked
before. Anyway, the connection part is fixed, BUT now all of the tracks are
WAY TOO LOUD! I mean, I can turn the gain on each track in Cakewalk all the
way down & they still clip by quite a lot.

If I wasn't bald I'd pull my hair out.

--
Sent from: http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/Jackit-f3.html

Re: Suddenly, Cakewalk won't connect to Jack

Chris Caudle
On Thu, June 14, 2018 5:16 pm, lowkeyoutlaw wrote:
> Anyway, the connection part is fixed, BUT now all of the tracks
> are WAY TOO LOUD!

Jack just handles routing, it doesn't change gain.

--
Chris Caudle

Re: Suddenly, Cakewalk won't connect to Jack

lowkeyoutlaw
Then I promise you something weird is happening, all the tracks are indeed
unbearably louder than a few days ago before it stopped working. I worked
really hard on the gain staging on my templates, and all my drum samples are
painstakingly volume normalized. Now they're terrible & as it stands all
that work was for nothing. Maybe the extra loudness is some Cakewalk setting
I'm not aware of? I've scoured the options & can't find it, but that would
be my guess.

--
Sent from: http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/Jackit-f3.html