Quantcast

[Jack-Devel] Suddenly JACK can't use any sound interface

[Jack-Devel] Suddenly JACK can't use any sound interface

Tobiasz Karoń
Hi!

I'm writing, becasue I recently have a problem that I think is closely related to JACK.

A few days ago, suddenly I was unable to play or record anything.
I found out that I can use my soundcards in Ardour only if I use ALSA as a backend - not JACK.
Running JACK with 3 different audio interfaces everytime spawns 32 in / 32 out channels in the "System" JACK hardware clients - and none of that works.

I thought there's a problem with my system installation, but the same problem occured when I booted up an AV Linux LiveCD - and that really confused me.

I described the issue in more detail on LinuxMusicians.com forums:
https://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16527

I'd like to invite you to take a look.

- unfa

Re: Suddenly JACK can't use any sound interface

John Rigg-16
On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 02:32:29PM -0500, Tobiasz Karoń wrote:
> A few days ago, suddenly I was unable to play or record anything.
> I found out that I can use my soundcards in Ardour only if I use ALSA as a
> backend - not JACK.
> Running JACK with 3 different audio interfaces everytime spawns 32 in / 32
> out channels in the "System" JACK hardware clients - and none of that works.

What do you see in /proc/asound?

John