[Jack-Devel] Use API to connect things....

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Jack-Devel] Use API to connect things....

ROBERT WOLF
Dear All,

How can I connect Readable/Writable clients programmatically using API?
I would appreciate any hint or some document to read....

With kind regards,

Robert
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Use API to connect things....

Jan Reusch
Hey hey

Did you mean something like this [1] and [2]?
You could also look at an example here [3].
Cheers
Jan


[1] http://jackaudio.org/files/docs/html/group__ClientFunctions.html
[2]
http://jackaudio.org/files/docs/html/group__PortFunctions.html#gae6090e81f2ee23b5c0e432a899085ec8

[3] https://github.com/jackaudio/example-clients

On 18.11.18 07:51, ROBERT WOLF wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> How can I connect Readable/Writable clients programmatically using API?
> I would appreciate any hint or some document to read....
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Robert
> _______________________________________________
> Jack-Devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org

--
Barco Control Rooms GmbH

Greschbachstrasse 5a

D - 76229 Karlsruhe

http://www.barco.com
mailto:[hidden email]

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Registered at 76229 Karlsruhe, Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 102241,

Management: Mark Bultinck, Piet Candeel
This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: MAIL DISCLAIMER<http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer>
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Use API to connect things....

ROBERT WOLF
Hey Jan

Yes, this is exactly what I needed.
I have read the docs, wrote the code, my program now connects jack ports
automatically.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Robert

On 19/11/18 19:58, Jan Reusch wrote:

> Hey hey
>
> Did you mean something like this [1] and [2]?
> You could also look at an example here [3].
> Cheers
> Jan
>
>
> [1] http://jackaudio.org/files/docs/html/group__ClientFunctions.html
> [2]
> http://jackaudio.org/files/docs/html/group__PortFunctions.html#gae6090e81f2ee23b5c0e432a899085ec8 
>
>
> [3] https://github.com/jackaudio/example-clients
>
> On 18.11.18 07:51, ROBERT WOLF wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> How can I connect Readable/Writable clients programmatically using API?
>> I would appreciate any hint or some document to read....
>>
>> With kind regards,
>>
>> Robert
>> _______________________________________________
>> Jack-Devel mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
>
> --
> Barco Control Rooms GmbH
>
> Greschbachstrasse 5a
>
> D - 76229 Karlsruhe
>
> http://www.barco.com
> mailto:[hidden email]
>
> __________________________________________________________________________________________
>
> Registered at 76229 Karlsruhe, Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 102241,
>
> Management: Mark Bultinck, Piet Candeel
> This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: MAIL
> DISCLAIMER<http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer>
> _______________________________________________
> Jack-Devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
>

_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Use API to connect things....

Fons Adriaensen-3
On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 10:28:48PM +1030, ROBERT WOLF wrote:
 
> Yes, this is exactly what I needed.
> I have read the docs, wrote the code, my program now connects jack ports
> automatically.

Note that some users (including this one) will curse your soul if your
app autoconnects and this can't be disabled or configured.

Ciao,

--
FA

_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Use API to connect things....

ROBERT WOLF
But I don't have any users.
However, if you would like to try/test it, then I will (of course) make
sure the feature is configurable.
It is a live-coding system with modular audio synthesis. Works well on
linux.

Cheers,

Robert

On 24/11/18 23:53, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 10:28:48PM +1030, ROBERT WOLF wrote:
>  
>> Yes, this is exactly what I needed.
>> I have read the docs, wrote the code, my program now connects jack ports
>> automatically.
> Note that some users (including this one) will curse your soul if your
> app autoconnects and this can't be disabled or configured.
>
> Ciao,
>

_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Use API to connect things....

Holger Marzen
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018, ROBERT WOLF wrote:

> But I don't have any users.
> However, if you would like to try/test it, then I will (of course) make sure
> the feature is configurable.
> It is a live-coding system with modular audio synthesis. Works well on linux.

I use jack-plumbing to break and make connections. I don't like it at
all when programs automatically connect to system:out because I connect
everything to jack_mixer. jack-plumbing helps a lot.
_______________________________________________
Jack-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org