[Jack-Devel] Windows executables are missing from jackaudio.org?

[Jack-Devel] Windows executables are missing from jackaudio.org?

Juliana Cherston
Hello,

I am trying to port a project from Mac to Windows, but when I try to download the executables from jackaudio.org I am given a 'file not found' error from Dropbox.

Is there any place that the 32 bit .exe. file is still accessible, and is it possible for it to live in a more stable place for future users?

Thanks!
Juliana

Re: Windows executables are missing from jackaudio.org?

Billy Youdelman
On 19 Mar 2017, at 16:07 MST, Juliana Cherston asked:

> I am trying to port a project from Mac to Windows, but when I try to
> download the executables from jackaudio.org I am given a 'file not
> found'
> error from Dropbox.
>
> Is there any place that the 32 bit .exe. file is still accessible

http://web.archive.org/web/20161218220426/https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28869550/Jack_v1.9.10_32_setup.exe

Heh.  Things for other operating systems may also be available here,
but I have not looked.

ビリー ヨーデルマん
+1 310 839 7673
http://MIX.ORG/

Re: Windows executables are missing from jackaudio.org?

Peter Ginneberge

I had a few people ask for them, so I put the ones I have (Windows exe) in my
dropbox:

32bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/phw7pu1c02hx74k/Jack_v1.9.10_32_setup.exe?dl=0

64bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rizu54w0pfvk3b/Jack_v1.9.10_64_setup.exe?dl=0

regards,
Peter

On 20/03/2017 0:07, Juliana Cherston wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to port a project from Mac to Windows, but when I try to download
> the executables from jackaudio.org <http://jackaudio.org> I am given a 'file
> not found' error from Dropbox.
>
> Is there any place that the 32 bit .exe. file is still accessible, and is it
> possible for it to live in a more stable place for future users?
>
> Thanks!
> Juliana

Re: Windows executables are missing from jackaudio.org?

Neil C Smith-2
On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 at 23:07 Juliana Cherston <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to port a project from Mac to Windows, but when I try to download the executables from jackaudio.org I am given a 'file not found' error from Dropbox.

Why on Earth is Dropbox involved at all here?! :-\  Binaries can be attached to the release tags on GitHub.  Surely a much better place to have these?  The pre-release tags could also be used for the newer OSX versions.

Best wishes,

Neil
--
Neil C Smith
Artist & Technologist

Re: Windows executables are missing from jackaudio.org?

Peter Ginneberge

I believe this was done back when the site was hacked (or something along
those lines) to get the downloads up and running again.

On 20/03/2017 12:39, Neil C Smith wrote:

> Why on Earth is Dropbox involved at all here?! :-\  Binaries can be attached
> to the release tags on GitHub.  Surely a much better place to have these?  The
> pre-release tags could also be used for the newer OSX versions.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Neil
> --
> Neil C Smith
> Artist & Technologist
> www.neilcsmith.net <http://www.neilcsmith.net>

Re: [Jack-Devel] Windows executables are missing from jackaudio.org?

HIolemis1
I came acorss the same issue.