Quantcast

[Jack-Devel] application to application latency?

[Jack-Devel] application to application latency?

Thor Angutang
Hi list.

I am sure this has been answered before:

On windows: I am running audio from ableton to a spatialisation software and from the spatialisation software to the soundcard.

The latency added for each step seems to be equal to the vector size setting (for instance 512)? Meaning that the output latency for such a setup would be 1024?

Is this correct?

Thank you list!

All the best
Thor

Re: application to application latency?

Fons Adriaensen-3
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 06:54:07PM +0100, Thor Angutang wrote:

> On windows: I am running audio from ableton to a spatialisation software
> and from the spatialisation software to the soundcard.
>
> The latency added for each step seems to be equal to the vector size
> setting (for instance 512)? Meaning that the output latency for such a
> setup would be 1024?
>
> Is this correct?

No, there is no 'per step' added latency.

On Windows you are using Jack2, and this has a default output
latency of 2 periods. There is a 'sync' option which reduces
this to one period, similar to Jack1.

Ciao,