[Jack-Devel] pa_process.c, Line 1558 with realtek asio driver

[Jack-Devel] pa_process.c, Line 1558 with realtek asio driver

BJ Raz
I just got the recent drivers for my audio card from Realtek and when I put then into Jackport Audio I get the following error message:

Assertion failed!

Program: D:\Users\brazg\AppData\Local\Programs\Jack\jackd.exe
File: C:\Users\letz\Desktop\Developpements\portaudio-21-11-2012\src\common\pa_process.c, Line 1558

Expression: framesToProcess != 0
Jack main caught signal 22

For some reason the audio device: ASIO::Realtek ASIO does this.

Re: pa_process.c, Line 1558 with realtek asio driver

Kjetil Matheussen-2
Can you try to run the version of jack included with Radium?
Uninstall jack first, and then just run "qjackctl.exe" in the radium directory.
You don't have to install anything.

This version of jack is compiled with a version of portaudio from 2016, while the latest official
release of jack for windows includes a version of portaudio from 2012.
If it works, it's probably a good argument to speed up the process of making
a new release for windows.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 1:56 PM BJ Raz <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just got the recent drivers for my audio card from Realtek and when I put then into Jackport Audio I get the following error message:

Assertion failed!

Program: D:\Users\brazg\AppData\Local\Programs\Jack\jackd.exe
File: C:\Users\letz\Desktop\Developpements\portaudio-21-11-2012\src\common\pa_process.c, Line 1558

Expression: framesToProcess != 0
Jack main caught signal 22

For some reason the audio device: ASIO::Realtek ASIO does this.

Re: pa_process.c, Line 1558 with realtek asio driver

BJ Raz
I doubt an explaination is needed but I'll give one anyway.
I've been trying to setup to use Synchronous Audio Router for about 2 weeks to stream with ASIO and not WDM.
I am very confused I've looked at tons a videos on setting up Virtual Audio cables I am thurallly confused and I need help!
I don't see this as the right place to ask for it but, I need someone that can help me with this.  Streaming with twitch and keeping video game sound and chat on different autio cables and how it all goes back into OBS and Twtich audio chat.
There are lots of vidoes on using Jackrouter and it often uses ASIO4ALL and I started to try and use Realtek, my video card's own driver and I ran into this error so I figured I'd report it. I do not have Synconious Audio Router installed yet. cause I figured I'd set up Jack first.

Sorry for the long explanation of mine of what I'm trying to do and how I found the ASIO Realtek error.

[...]

Sorry, but you can't use the jack included with radium for anything other than Radium.

I just wanted you to try it to see if you get that assertion error in portaudio.
If you don't, then we know how to solve the problem for the next release of Jack.

Do you get the same error?

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 8:22 AM BJ Raz <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

yes it does give the same error when I use the ASIO::Realtek ASIO  driver and not ASIO::ASIO4ALL v2 in the following command:
"jackd.exe -R -S -d portaudio -d "ASIO::Realtek ASIO" always throws the error.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 5:21 AM BJ Raz <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes it does give the same error when I use the ASIO::Realtek ASIO  driver and not ASIO::ASIO4ALL v2 in the following command:
"jackd.exe -R -S -d portaudio -d "ASIO::Realtek ASIO" always throws the error.

Okay. Also, did you remember to uninstall jack first? If jack is installed,
jackd.exe included with radium will use the system version of jack,
not the one included with Radium.

> this shouldn't be happending as ASIO::Realtek ASIO is the offical ASIO driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Perhaps there is a WASAPI driver available that performs just as good as the ASIO driver?
(I don't remember if the official jack supports WASAPI, but the one included with Radium certainly does)