Jack website editors

Joe Button-2
Hi.

The number of people with editor access to the new website is getting slightly scary, so I'm no longer automatically granting editing privileges to people who register. If you're up for helping out please email me and I'll register you.

Help would still be very much appreciated - the number of people registered seems rather disproportionate to the amount of editing done so far.

Thanks to those who made comments or suggestions about the site. Your thoughts have been noted and in many cases have been, or will be, implemented.

Cheers,

Joe

Re: Jack website editors

Alexandre Prokoudine
On 8/4/05, Joe Button <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> The number of people with editor access to the new website is getting slightly scary, so I'm no longer automatically granting editing privileges to people who register. If you're up for helping out please email me and I'll register you.
>
> Help would still be very much appreciated - the number of people registered seems rather disproportionate to the amount of editing done so far.
>
> Thanks to those who made comments or suggestions about the site. Your thoughts have been noted and in many cases have been, or will be, implemented.

When it comes to actually editing, there should be some kind of
interaction and concurrency of actions between editors.

What would you suggest?

Alexandre

Re: Jack website editors

Joe Button-2
> When it comes to actually editing, there should be some kind of
> interaction and concurrency of actions between editors.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. There's a checkin / out system to stop more than one person editing the same item at the same time.

Joe

Re: Jack website editors

Alexandre Prokoudine
On 8/4/05, Joe Button <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > When it comes to actually editing, there should be some kind of
> > interaction and concurrency of actions between editors.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what you mean. There's a checkin / out system to stop more than one person editing the same item at the same time.

Editors have to know what each of them does so that they don't
duplicate efforts.
Locking a page that is currently under edition isn't sifficient.

Alexandre

Re: Jack website editors

Joe Button-2
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:08:21 +0400
Alexandre Prokoudine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Editors have to know what each of them does so that they don't
> duplicate efforts.

This would be a lot of effort to implement in Mambo, and I'm not convinced it's likely to be a big problem. There's hardly been a frenzy of editing so far. And once the site's established it should only require occasional updates.

Joe