JackRouter.dll auto-install

ChurchOrganist
Hi there,

I'm in the process of preparing a tutorial video on setting up JACK on a Windows machine.

At one time the install procedure did not register the JackRouter.dll ASIO driver on a 64 bit machine but had to be done manually with regsvr32

Is this still the case? Or does the install procedure now do this automatically?

Re: JackRouter.dll auto-install

ChurchOrganist
I've just been re-reading the Windows section of the JACK website and it implies that the 32bit version is for Windows XP and earlier and that the 64 bit version is for Windows 7/8/10 systems regardless of whether they are 32 bit or 64 bit.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Or should Windows 7/8/10 32bit users install the 32 bit version?

Re: JackRouter.dll auto-install

ChurchOrganist
Well I have established by means of doing a clean reinstall of JACK 1.9.10 on another Windows 10 64 bit machine that Jack installs the 32 bit version of JackRouter.dll by default.

Consequently if you are running 64 bit versions of ASIO aware apps such as Carla you need to register the 64 bit version of the DLL manually otherwise they will not pick up the JackRouter ASIO driver.