Jackdmp 0.64 package for Linux, OSX and Windows

Jackdmp 0.64 package for Linux, OSX and Windows

Stéphane Letz
Version 0.64:

- Checking in the server to avoid calling the clients if no callback
are registered.
- Correct deprecated jack_set_sample_rate_callback to return 0
instead of -1.
- Dmitry Baikov buffer size patch.
- Correct notification for kActivateClient event.
- Correct JackEngine::ClientCloseAux (when called from
JackEngine::ClientExternalOpen).
- Correct JackWinEvent::Allocate.
- Automatic client renaming.
- Add "systemic" latencies management in CoreAudio driver.
- Automatic server launch.
- Removes unneeded 'volatile' for JackTransportEngine::fWriteCounter.

-----------------------------------
Automatic server launch
-----------------------------------

Starting from the 0.64 version, automatic server launch from client
is implemented : when the server is not yet running, and if the
client uses the "jack_client_open" API, the server will be started
automatically. The server configuration is saved in a ".jackdmprc"
file located in the user home folder. The Qjackctl tool allows to
save its configuration in this .jackdmprc (setting can be done in
Qjackctl Setup/Misc). If no configuration file is found, a default
setup will be used.

WARNING : automatic server launch is not implemented on Windows.

Available at http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp.html

Stephane

Re: Jackdmp 0.64 package for Linux, OSX and Windows

Fons Adriaensen-2
On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:41:35PM +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:

> Version 0.64:

Any chance that port name aliases and the 'system:' ports names will
be added soon ?

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !

Le 21 août 07 à 13:02, Fons Adriaensen a écrit :

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:41:35PM +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:
>
>> Version 0.64:
>
> Any chance that port name aliases

Port aliases were already in 0.63 (jack_port_set_alias,
jack_port_unset_alias and jack_port_get_aliases API)

> and the 'system:' ports names will
> be added soon ?

Don't remember that... Can you explain this again?

Thanks

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:59:18PM +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:

> > and the 'system:' ports names will
> > be added soon ?

Jackd renames the sound card ports to 'system:****', keeping
the original name (e.g. alsa_pcm:****) as an alias.

New Ardour sessions created while using jackd store the 'system:'
names, and connections fail when they are reloaded under jackdmp.

Class JackPort in 0.63 only has one name field, where is the
alias stored ?

P.S. The fifo write error when clients exit was my mistake, it's
a socket write that fails.

Le 21 août 07 à 13:31, Fons Adriaensen a écrit :

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:59:18PM +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:
>
>>> and the 'system:' ports names will
>>> be added soon ?
>
> Jackd renames the sound card ports to 'system:****', keeping
> the original name (e.g. alsa_pcm:****) as an alias.
>
> New Ardour sessions created while using jackd store the 'system:'
> names, and connections fail when they are reloaded under jackdmp.

Ah OK. Should be fixed in jackdmp SVN (next 0.65...)

> Class JackPort in 0.63 only has one name field, where is the
> alias stored ?

Hum... I have the fields here...

> P.S. The fifo write error when clients exit was my mistake, it's
> a socket write that fails.

?????

Stephane