Know-How to Modify OST File Location in Outlook 2013
The users have to modify the setting of the registry if they want to configure the storage location of the Outlook data file. Once the users make the change, they can make a new file at any time. If you are not aware of how to change OST file location in Outlook 2013, then continue reading the blog. We have discussed the manual way to change the default location of an OST file in Outlook.
Change the Default Location of an OST File Manually
● Open the ‘Registry Editor’ by opening the Regedit from the dialogue box.
● Go to ‘Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook’
● Right-click on the right side and choose the ‘New’ option.
● Then, go to the ‘String’ value.
● Rename the new file and double-click on it.
● Open the ‘Edit String’ and from the dialog box, type the location of the file.
● Then, click on the ‘OK’ button.
● Now, exit from the ‘Registry Editor’ and restart your system to enable the changes.
● Click on the ‘Control Panel’ option and navigate to the ‘Mail’ option.
● Click on the ‘Add’ option and rename the account and click on OK.
● Configure the email account and fill the details such as email address, password, and name.
● You need to configure the new profile by default.
● Now, eliminate the previous account.
● The default location of old files is %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
Limitations of The Manual Method to Change the Locations of an OST File
● The manual method is quite complicated and if you are not from a technical background, then you will face a problem.
● Even one wrong step can erase the entire data.
● It is time-consuming and will take a lot of time. You need to be patient.
● The manual way can cause data loss and corruption.
Opt For a Reliable Solution to Change the OST File Location
The manual method is time-consuming and it is better if you opt for a reliable and professional tool to change the location of an OST file. Make sure that you go for KDETools OST to PST tool as it can move the location of an OST file without losing any data.
Key Features of KDETools OST to PST Converter
● The software exports OST file to multiple formats such as HTML, PDF, EML, EMLX, PST, and MSG.
● The user can use the demo version and examine the features of the tool.
● The tool enables the user to preview the entire files before performing the conversion process.
Summary -Make certain that you avoid using the manual method and opt for an automated OST converter that ensures safety. The manual method is free, however, it can cause data loss so make sure that you go for a professional tool.
Re: Know-How to Modify OST File Location in Outlook 2013
I would like to mention here OST to PST Converter tool that easily migrates OST to Outlook PST. This software supports all versions, and it efficiently holds data of MS Outlook in an offline folder to access the data without connecting to the internet. The file size is not an issue to get satisfactory conversion results.you can download the free trial version which converts few items from each folder.you can download this tool from here:-https://www.osttopstapp.com/