[LAU] Re: Fwd: Hardware Choices

Kjetil Matheussen

(CC-ed to jack-audio-dev list)

"Thomas Vecchione":

>                   Seablade
>
> On 7/20/07, Kjetil S. Matheussen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> "Thomas Vecchione" <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> I heard Jack (jackdmp?) could only take advantage of two cores right
>> now?
>>
>> No.
>>
> Mind being a bit more specific?  As in no it will handle 4,8, or 16 cores
> well?

Sorry, that was a short rude answer, especially since I'm not 100% sure of
the answer either. But I would be surprised if jackdmp was limited to two,
or any other high-value fixed number of, parallel sound processing
threads.

And on the other hand, if you are wrong, which I think you are, although
I'm not 100% sure about that, you could be responsible for
continuing to spread a(nother) misunderstanding about jackdmp. (The
previous one was that jackdmp could not work on single processor machines)