Multiple jackd ?

Geoff Beasley
Lee,
I was unaware of this.....

>If you want to use JACK for both devices, you have to run two instances
>of jackd, and point one at each card.  This requires a relatively recent
>version of JACK.

Could you explain what this means ? Does this make it any easier to run 2 C-Ports on the same machine for example ? If so, how would you configure it ? Could Ardour mount two jack servers ?...Also, what is the meaning of life, who shot JFK and do Ardvarks really eat small brown ferrets ?

best,
Geoff.

Re: Multiple jackd ?

Zach Trexler
On Sunday 29 May 2005 12:14 am, Geoff Beasley wrote:

> Could you explain what this means ? Does this make it any easier to run 2
> C-Ports on the same machine for example ? If so, how would you configure it
> ? Could Ardour mount two jack servers ?...Also, what is the meaning of
> life, who shot JFK and do Ardvarks really eat small brown ferrets ?

I'm quite interested in how to use ardour in this setup.  I have successfully
started two JACK servers, one running my Delta 44 and the other running my
on-board sound.  Maybe this is a better question for the Ardour list, but it
can't hurt to ask here, as well.

Re: Multiple jackd ?

Jack O'Quin
On 5/29/05, Zach Trexler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sunday 29 May 2005 12:14 am, Geoff Beasley wrote:
>
> > Could you explain what this means ? Does this make it any easier to run 2
> > C-Ports on the same machine for example ? If so, how would you configure it
> > ? Could Ardour mount two jack servers ?...Also, what is the meaning of
> > life, who shot JFK and do Ardvarks really eat small brown ferrets ?
>
> I'm quite interested in how to use ardour in this setup.  I have successfully
> started two JACK servers, one running my Delta 44 and the other running my
> on-board sound.  Maybe this is a better question for the Ardour list, but it
> can't hurt to ask here, as well.

Ardour can use one or the other, but not both.  They are unsynchronized.
--
 joq