NetJack status...

What is the current status of NetJack? Was it supposed to be included
in jack SVN? I'm thinking about integrating it in jackdmp but would
like to know the development state. Is there anything finally decided
about the way to integrate jack transport status into the used
network protocol?
I'm also thinking about other possible ways of extending jack on a
network like being able to create separated remote clients (without
having to start the remote server like NetJack does) Would that make
sense?

Thanks

Stéphane

Re: NetJack status...

torbenh
On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 01:00:14PM +0200, St?phane Letz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the current status of NetJack? Was it supposed to be included
> in jack SVN? I'm thinking about integrating it in jackdmp but would
> like to know the development state. Is there anything finally decided
> about the way to integrate jack transport status into the used
> network protocol?

netjack includes support for transport state sync.
although its not possible currently to issue transport start/stop/locate
from a slave machine.

> I'm also thinking about other possible ways of extending jack on a
> network like being able to create separated remote clients (without
> having to start the remote server like NetJack does) Would that make
> sense?

indeed. but some sort of daemon needs to run.
issueing
system( "ssh $REMOTE_HOST jackd -R --deamon -d net -i $NPORTS -o $NPORTS" )

should be sufficient.
a deamon implementing /netjack/startserver "ii" osc message.
"ii"  = port, numchannels

then jacknet_client -p $REMOTE_HOST -P $NPORTS -C $NPORTS

> Thanks
>
> St?phane

torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language