Network collunication

bob (Bugzilla)-6
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to make applications that are on
different computers communicate with jack. I'm doing streaming, so i
have one machine with my sound source and i uses oddcast to relay it to
an icecast server. I would like to have my sound source and oddcast on 2
different machines, because encoding causes heavy load on my first
machine. Currently oddcast gets sound from jack on the same machine, is
it possible to have it with 2 different machines ?

Tks

Bob

Re: Network collunication

rj (Bugzilla)
On Friday 03 Jun 2005 10:35, Bob wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to make applications that are on
> different computers communicate with jack. I'm doing streaming, so i
> have one machine with my sound source and i uses oddcast to relay it to
> an icecast server. I would like to have my sound source and oddcast on 2
> different machines, because encoding causes heavy load on my first
> machine. Currently oddcast gets sound from jack on the same machine, is
> it possible to have it with 2 different machines ?

Indeed there is udpsync that does pretty much this. I don't know alot about
casting so I'm not sure if there are any specific requirements that need to
be met.
Udpsync allows to have one Jack master-server and from that server control and
exchange audio data from as many Jack slave-servers as your network can
handle.
It's not up on the web yet, I've attached the last release that was made here
on the mailinglist.
It is alpha quality but can be coaxed into doing wonderful things with a
little effort.
Work is underway to improve it (PPC support is driving me nuts).

/Robert

> Tks
>
> Bob

http://spamatica.se/musicsite/

udpsync-0.41.tar.gz (58K) Download Attachment