Problem with jackd on FreeBSD 6.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem with jackd on FreeBSD 6.0

mal content
Hello.

jackd seems to go berserk whenever a client quits on FreeBSD
6.0. It happens using any driver, even 'dummy'.

Starting the server as normal:

$ jackd -v -d dummy
getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so
getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_oss.so
getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_portaudio.so
jackd 0.101.1
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details

JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
server `default' registered
registered builtin port type 32 bit float mono audio
loading driver ..
creating dummy driver ... dummy_pcm|48000|1024|21333|2|2
new client: dummy_pcm, id = 1 type 1 @ 0x805a200 fd = -1
new buffer size 1024
registered port dummy_pcm:capture_1, offset = 4096
registered port dummy_pcm:capture_2, offset = 8192
registered port dummy_pcm:playback_1, offset = 0
registered port dummy_pcm:playback_2, offset = 0
13069 waiting for signals
++ jack_rechain_graph():
client dummy_pcm: internal client, execution_order=0.
-- jack_rechain_graph()
load = 0.0328 max usecs: 14.000, spare = 21319.000
...

Then running jack_simple_client in another terminal:

$ jack_simple_client
engine sample rate: 48000

The server sees this connection:

new client: jack_simple_client, id = 2 type 2 @ 0x28246000 fd = 7
registered port jack_simple_client:input, offset = 0
registered port jack_simple_client:output, offset = 12288
++ jack_rechain_graph():
client dummy_pcm: internal client, execution_order=0.
client jack_simple_client: start_fd=5, execution_order=0.
client jack_simple_client: wait_fd=6, execution_order=1 (last client).
-- jack_rechain_graph()
connect dummy_pcm:capture_1 and jack_simple_client:input (forward)
++ jack_rechain_graph():
client dummy_pcm: internal client, execution_order=0.
client jack_simple_client: start_fd=5, execution_order=0.
client jack_simple_client: wait_fd=6, execution_order=1 (last client).
-- jack_rechain_graph()
connect jack_simple_client:output and dummy_pcm:playback_1 (output)
++ jack_rechain_graph():
client dummy_pcm: internal client, execution_order=0.
client jack_simple_client: start_fd=5, execution_order=0.
client jack_simple_client: wait_fd=6, execution_order=1 (last client).
-- jack_rechain_graph()
load = 42.3475 max usecs: 18047.000, spare = 3286.000

Now, send a ^C to the client to kill it off and the server goes into
a panic:

cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource temporarily unavailable)
could not handle external client request

It doesn't crash, it just does that seemingly forever. It does this whenever
any client exits, which makes it next to useless currently.

It occasionally crashes with a floating point error too:

$ jackd -v -d dummy
getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so
getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_oss.so
getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_portaudio.so
jackd 0.101.1
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details

JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
server `default' registered
registered builtin port type 32 bit float mono audio
loading driver ..
creating dummy driver ... dummy_pcm|48000|1024|21333|2|2
new client: dummy_pcm, id = 1 type 1 @ 0x805a200 fd = -1
new buffer size 1024
registered port dummy_pcm:capture_1, offset = 4096
registered port dummy_pcm:capture_2, offset = 8192
registered port dummy_pcm:playback_1, offset = 0
registered port dummy_pcm:playback_2, offset = 0
66253 waiting for signals
++ jack_rechain_graph():
client dummy_pcm: internal client, execution_order=0.
-- jack_rechain_graph()
Floating point exception (core dumped)

Not tremendously helpful backtrace:

#0  0x2808fcad in __udivdi3 () from /usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0
#1  0x281baaea in dummy_driver_wait (driver=0x805a300, extra_fd=-1,
    status=0x1, delayed_usecs=0x1) at cycles.h:34
#2  0x281bb1fb in dummy_driver_run_cycle (driver=0x1) at dummy_driver.c:72
#3  0x2808b7de in jack_driver_nt_thread (arg=0x805a300) at driver.c:122
#4  0x280b8ab1 in pthread_create () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.2
#5  0x2817245f in _ctx_start () from /lib/libc.so.6

The crash occurs with any driver (oss, portaudio, dummy).

MC


_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with jackd on FreeBSD 6.0

Jack O'Quin
On 6/21/06, mal content <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> jackd seems to go berserk whenever a client quits on FreeBSD
> 6.0. It happens using any driver, even 'dummy'.

> jackd 0.101.1

> Floating point exception (core dumped)
>
> Not tremendously helpful backtrace:
>
> #0  0x2808fcad in __udivdi3 () from /usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0
> #1  0x281baaea in dummy_driver_wait (driver=0x805a300, extra_fd=-1,
>     status=0x1, delayed_usecs=0x1) at cycles.h:34
> #2  0x281bb1fb in dummy_driver_run_cycle (driver=0x1) at dummy_driver.c:72
> #3  0x2808b7de in jack_driver_nt_thread (arg=0x805a300) at driver.c:122
> #4  0x280b8ab1 in pthread_create () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.2
> #5  0x2817245f in _ctx_start () from /lib/libc.so.6
>
> The crash occurs with any driver (oss, portaudio, dummy).

Thanks for the report.  Sorry for the slow response.

The cycles.h code has changed significantly since 0.101.1.

Could you possibly check out the current SVN version and try
again using that?  I have no idea if it will work better or not,
but would prefer debugging the current version, if possible.
--
 joq

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with jackd on FreeBSD 6.0

mal content
On 07/07/06, Jack O'Quin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/21/06, mal content <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The crash occurs with any driver (oss, portaudio, dummy).
>
> Thanks for the report.  Sorry for the slow response.
>
> The cycles.h code has changed significantly since 0.101.1.
>
> Could you possibly check out the current SVN version and try
> again using that?  I have no idea if it will work better or not,
> but would prefer debugging the current version, if possible.

Hi Jack,

I've just checked out the latest svn, but there's no configure
script/Makefile. Obviously I need to do something to generate
them, but what?

cheers,
MC

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with jackd on FreeBSD 6.0

Paul Davis
On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 00:32 +0100, mal content wrote:

> On 07/07/06, Jack O'Quin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 6/21/06, mal content <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > The crash occurs with any driver (oss, portaudio, dummy).
> >
> > Thanks for the report.  Sorry for the slow response.
> >
> > The cycles.h code has changed significantly since 0.101.1.
> >
> > Could you possibly check out the current SVN version and try
> > again using that?  I have no idea if it will work better or not,
> > but would prefer debugging the current version, if possible.
>
> Hi Jack,
>
> I've just checked out the latest svn, but there's no configure
> script/Makefile. Obviously I need to do something to generate
> them, but what?

sh ./autogen.sh ....configure-style args....

i can't say i like that autogen.sh runs configure for you, but thats how
it works right now.

--p



Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with jackd on FreeBSD 6.0

mal content
On 08/07/06, Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 00:32 +0100, mal content wrote:
> > On 07/07/06, Jack O'Quin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > On 6/21/06, mal content <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > > The crash occurs with any driver (oss, portaudio, dummy).
> > >
> > > Thanks for the report.  Sorry for the slow response.
> > >
> > > The cycles.h code has changed significantly since 0.101.1.
> > >
> > > Could you possibly check out the current SVN version and try
> > > again using that?  I have no idea if it will work better or not,
> > > but would prefer debugging the current version, if possible.
> >
> > Hi Jack,
> >
> > I've just checked out the latest svn, but there's no configure
> > script/Makefile. Obviously I need to do something to generate
> > them, but what?
>
> sh ./autogen.sh ....configure-style args....
>
> i can't say i like that autogen.sh runs configure for you, but thats how
> it works right now.
>

Got some fatal errors from this command:

Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/oaf.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_OAF
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/libglade.m4:7: warning: underquoted
definition of AM_PATH_LIBGLADE
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/libart.m4:11: warning: underquoted definition
of AM_PATH_LIBART
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition
of AM_PATH_IMLIB
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:167: warning: underquoted definition
of AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_GTK
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/gdk-pixbuf.m4:12: warning: underquoted
definition of AM_PATH_GDK_PIXBUF
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/gconf-1.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition
of AM_PATH_GCONF
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/gconf-1.m4:71: warning: underquoted
definition of AM_GCONF_SOURCE
aclocal:configure.ac:79: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
configure.ac: installing `config/install-sh'
configure.ac: installing `config/missing'
drivers/alsa/Makefile.am:7: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
drivers/alsa/Makefile.am:7:
drivers/alsa/Makefile.am:7: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to
add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
drivers/alsa/Makefile.am:7: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
drivers/alsa/Makefile.am: installing `config/depcomp'
drivers/coreaudio/Makefile.am:7: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
drivers/coreaudio/Makefile.am:7:
drivers/coreaudio/Makefile.am:7: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is
to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
drivers/coreaudio/Makefile.am:7: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal'
and `autoconf' again.
drivers/dummy/Makefile.am:7: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
drivers/dummy/Makefile.am:7:
drivers/dummy/Makefile.am:7: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to
add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
drivers/dummy/Makefile.am:7: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
drivers/freebob/Makefile.am:7: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
drivers/freebob/Makefile.am:7:
drivers/freebob/Makefile.am:7: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to
add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
drivers/freebob/Makefile.am:7: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
drivers/oss/Makefile.am:7: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
drivers/oss/Makefile.am:7:
drivers/oss/Makefile.am:7: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
drivers/oss/Makefile.am:7: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
drivers/portaudio/Makefile.am:7: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
drivers/portaudio/Makefile.am:7:
drivers/portaudio/Makefile.am:7: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is
to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
drivers/portaudio/Makefile.am:7: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal'
and `autoconf' again.
example-clients/Makefile.am:130: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
example-clients/Makefile.am:130:
example-clients/Makefile.am:130: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is
to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
example-clients/Makefile.am:130: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal'
and `autoconf' again.
libjack/Makefile.am:28: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
libjack/Makefile.am:28:
libjack/Makefile.am:28: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
libjack/Makefile.am:28: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
libjack/Makefile.am: installing `config/compile'
automake --add-missing --foreign failed, exiting...

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6

Any ideas?
MC

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with jackd on FreeBSD 6.0

Paul Davis
On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 00:57 +0100, mal content wrote:

looks like you do not have libtool installed.




Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with jackd on FreeBSD 6.0

mal content
On 08/07/06, Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 00:57 +0100, mal content wrote:
>
> looks like you do not have libtool installed.
>

I do seem to:

$ libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.22 (1.1220.2.365 2005/12/18 22:14:06)

Perhaps the script can't find it? How could I find out? (I'm not big
on autoconf at all).

cheers,
MC

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with jackd on FreeBSD 6.0

Paul Davis
On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 01:28 +0100, mal content wrote:

> On 08/07/06, Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 00:57 +0100, mal content wrote:
> >
> > looks like you do not have libtool installed.
> >
>
> I do seem to:
>
> $ libtool --version
> ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.22 (1.1220.2.365 2005/12/18 22:14:06)
>
> Perhaps the script can't find it? How could I find out? (I'm not big
> on autoconf at all).

well, the configure script is looking for an autoconf macro
(AM_PROG_LIBTOOL) that would normally be provided by an install of
libtool putting a file called libtool.m4 in /usr/share/aclocal
or /usr/local/share/aclocal. how did you install auto* and libtool? did
they share the same install prefix?

--p



Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with jackd on FreeBSD 6.0

mal content
On 08/07/06, Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 01:28 +0100, mal content wrote:
> > On 08/07/06, Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 00:57 +0100, mal content wrote:
> > >
> > > looks like you do not have libtool installed.
> > >
> >
> > I do seem to:
> >
> > $ libtool --version
> > ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.22 (1.1220.2.365 2005/12/18 22:14:06)
> >
> > Perhaps the script can't find it? How could I find out? (I'm not big
> > on autoconf at all).
>
> well, the configure script is looking for an autoconf macro
> (AM_PROG_LIBTOOL) that would normally be provided by an install of
> libtool putting a file called libtool.m4 in /usr/share/aclocal
> or /usr/local/share/aclocal. how did you install auto* and libtool? did
> they share the same install prefix?

There are actually two versions installed, one is the FreeBSD system
version for actually building FreeBSD itself from source and the
others are more recent versions build from FreeBSD ports. There
are symlinks in /usr/local/bin to point to the 'ports' versions:

$ which autoconf
/usr/local/bin/autoconf
$ which automake
/usr/local/bin/automake
$ which libtool
/usr/local/bin/libtool

$ ls -alF `which autoconf`
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  7672 20 Dec  2004 /usr/local/bin/autoconf
-> /usr/local/bin/autoconf259
et cetera.

'libtool.m4' is in /usr/local/share/aclocal.

MC

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel