RE: [Jackit-devel][RESOLVED] Crackling and sound connection loop

RE: [Jackit-devel][RESOLVED] Crackling and sound connection loop

FERLET Patrice
In fact yesterday i found why i had so many "pop" and "crackle" but another trouble appears...
I changed my default realtime module on mandriva and i modprob "realtime" module with gid=81 option.
In Qjackctl, i removed some options... and... no pop... no clackle... but...

A big noise, as a sound loop, you know... as a big and infinite delay... appears when i press "play" !!!
Forced to stop jackd server to stop this sound...

After 3 hours on #ardour (IRC on freenode) 2 persons help me and we know why i had so many troubles.
Qjackctl wrote a bad .jackrc with some options wich has to be removed.
In Duplex mode, qjackctl add "-Chw:1 -Phw:1" which have not to be here with "-D" option.

The fact is that jack connected in duplex mode my hw:1 interface, and a forcing connexion was done with -C and -P options for interfaces... so a sound loop was made.

Here is a correct jackrc (or jackd server command line) that i use to use jackd with my soundblaster usb mp3+ on linux, assuming my card is hw:1 port for Alsa:

jackd -v -R -P1 -t2000 -dalsa -dhw:1 -r48000 -p1024 -n3 -D -S

PS: Some xruns were removed by switching some options as -s and -m to off

And everything goes now ! :)

Thanks !

PPS:
Another person had the same trouble than me
http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2004-April/011437.html

Re: RE: [Jackit-devel][RESOLVED] Crackling and sound connection loop

Rui Nuno Capela
FERLET Patrice wrote:
> After 3 hours on #ardour (IRC on freenode) 2 persons help me and we know why i had so many troubles.
> Qjackctl wrote a bad .jackrc with some options wich has to be removed.
> In Duplex mode, qjackctl add "-Chw:1 -Phw:1" which have not to be here with "-D" option.

That's most probably because you have set explicitly "hw:1" in /both/
"Input device" and "Output device" entries on the QjackCtl parameter
settings.

When in "Duplex" mode, you rather reset those to "(default)", unless you
know what you're doing, that is having a different device for playback
and/or capture.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela

RE: RE: [Jackit-devel][RESOLVED] Crackling and sound connection loop

FERLET Patrice
i did...
but the jackrc line let my -Chw:1 etc...
i will try to understand this week end and tell you more monday.
Anyway, now, i'm happy :) ardour works properly, i have a little lantency (and belive me, on windows it was really higher).

I can use ardour, some plugins, etc... i will do my best to clean.

PS:
- on windows, cubase + ASIO + 2 VST : latency: 120ms !!!?!??
- on Linux mandiva kernel 2.6.11-9 multimedia (optimisation) + ardour + jackit + Alsa + 5 plugins : latency: 46ms !!!
I did my choice ;)