RME HDSP driver enhancements for HDSPe cards

RME HDSP driver enhancements for HDSPe cards

Didier 'Ptitjes'

Re: RME HDSP driver enhancements for HDSPe cards

Ed Wildgoose-2
Ptitjes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First, sorry for the cross-post, but as i did not know where to start, i
> wanted to ask to both lists.
>
> I bought a RME HDSPe PCI card. I should receive it in the following
> days. My plan is to:

I have little idea how the alsa stuff worked, but I did find that
opening up the various driver files it was reasonably straightforward to
find my way around and in particular fix a bug which was bothering me

Suggest grabbing the kernel source and taking a peek.

Actually there are about three drivers which look to my eye to be
largely similar, but for some reason have diverged quite a bit?  I think
they could probably be largely rationalised between all three?

RME are also helpful to the extent that you ask them specific questions
and in the name of writing drivers. They should give you hardware
details, etc

As an aside, apart from CPU load I will be suprised if turning floats
into 32bit ints makes any difference to the audio, but I agree that it
would be a nice feature to have!

Good luck!

Ed W

Re: RME HDSP driver enhancements for HDSPe cards

Didier 'Ptitjes'

Re: RME HDSP driver enhancements for HDSPe cards

Paul Davis
On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 15:20 +0200, Didier Villevalois wrote:

> Ed W a écrit :
> > RME are also helpful to the extent that you ask them specific questions
> > and in the name of writing drivers. They should give you hardware
> > details, etc
>
> Does anyone know who i must precisely contact from RME staff ? Maybe
> someone has already established contact... Or should i contact directly
> [hidden email] ?

it would probably be better for remy (the most recent "maintainer" of
the HDSP driver) to contact them. RME is a very small company, and its
irritating for them to be contacted by random individuals wanting low
level driver information (which is way outside what their support system
is designed to handle).

Re: RME HDSP driver enhancements for HDSPe cards

Didier 'Ptitjes'

Re: RME HDSP driver enhancements for HDSPe cards

Paul Davis
On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 15:37 +0200, Didier Villevalois wrote:

yes, Remy Bruno.