Quantcast

Re: Jack Audio WIN link

Adrian Knoth
+jack-devel +Markus Seeber

Fullquote below for context. I don't know anything about Windows.

On 03/28/17 10:26, Kevin Ortegano wrote:

> Hi. Sorry to bother you, I'm not even sure if you're the one I would
> talk to about this, but on the JACK
> website, http://jackaudio.org/downloads/, the WIN download links don't
> exist.
>
> Thought I'd bring this to your attention. I would really love to use
> this software.
>
> --
> Kevin O

Re: Jack Audio WIN link

Kjetil Matheussen-2
Doesn't anyone have write access to the web server?
I can upload the binaries to the Notam web server, if
finding a place to host the files is the problem
(although I guess it isn't).

And it would also be good to make 1.9.11 the official release for Windows,
since most of the qjackctl problems on Windows is fixed there.
That's probably the biggest problem with Jack on Windows.
I've used 1.9.11 since it was released, and I've also included it with
Radium, so it has probably been tested enough now.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Adrian Knoth <[hidden email]> wrote:
+jack-devel +Markus Seeber

Fullquote below for context. I don't know anything about Windows.

On 03/28/17 10:26, Kevin Ortegano wrote:
Hi. Sorry to bother you, I'm not even sure if you're the one I would
talk to about this, but on the JACK
website, http://jackaudio.org/downloads/, the WIN download links don't
exist.

Thought I'd bring this to your attention. I would really love to use
this software.

--
Kevin O

Re: Jack Audio WIN link

Markus Seeber
I just created release tags for Windows and OSX on the jackaudio.org
GitHub repository to host the binaries and will update the download page
accordingly later with a notification so changes can be pushed to the
webserver.

I didn't want to take this matter in my own hands since there have been
better solutions suggested and it bothers me a bit to complicate the
whole release process even more by doing that.

Anyway here are the binaries obtained from archive.org:
https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/releases

Greetings
Markus

On 03/29/2017 11:56 AM, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:

> Doesn't anyone have write access to the web server?
> I can upload the binaries to the Notam web server, if
> finding a place to host the files is the problem
> (although I guess it isn't).
>
> And it would also be good to make 1.9.11 the official release for Windows,
> since most of the qjackctl problems on Windows is fixed there.
> That's probably the biggest problem with Jack on Windows.
> I've used 1.9.11 since it was released, and I've also included it with
> Radium, so it has probably been tested enough now.
>

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Adrian Knoth <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> +jack-devel +Markus Seeber
>>
>> Fullquote below for context. I don't know anything about Windows.
>>
>> On 03/28/17 10:26, Kevin Ortegano wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. Sorry to bother you, I'm not even sure if you're the one I would
>>> talk to about this, but on the JACK
>>> website, http://jackaudio.org/downloads/, the WIN download links don't
>>> exist.
>>>
>>> Thought I'd bring this to your attention. I would really love to use
>>> this software.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kevin O

Re: Jack Audio WIN link

lasconic
The website is hosted on github.

I guess we could make a PR but we would need someone with write access to merge it. Probably @mseeber.

lasconic

[...]

Neil C Smith-2

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017, 11:58 Markus Seeber, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just created release tags for Windows and OSX on the jackaudio.org
GitHub repository to host the binaries and will update the download page
accordingly later with a notification so changes can be pushed to the
webserver.

Surely the release tags and downloads belong on the source code repositories?

Best wishes,

Neil
--
Neil C Smith
Artist & Technologist

Re: Jack Audio WIN link

Markus Seeber

Yes exactly, as i said:

> I didn't want to take this matter in my own hands since there have been
> better solutions suggested and it bothers me a bit to complicate the
> whole release process even more by doing that.

Re: Jack Audio WIN link

Thomas Brand
On Wed, March 29, 2017 17:12, Markus Seeber wrote:

> On 03/29/2017 04:09 PM, Neil C Smith wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Mar 2017, 11:58 Markus Seeber,
>> <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I just created release tags for Windows and OSX on the jackaudio.org
>>> GitHub repository to host the binaries and will update the download
>>> page accordingly later with a notification so changes can be pushed to
>>> the webserver.
>>>

>> Surely the release tags and downloads belong on the source code
>> repositories?
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>

>> Neil
>>

> Yes exactly, as i said:
>

>> I didn't want to take this matter in my own hands since there have been
>>  better solutions suggested and it bothers me a bit to complicate the
>> whole release process even more by doing that.

Hi,
i have an odd feeling that nobody feels responsible. This is not good for
JACK!
It feels good however to see that users help each other but it would be
better if somebody takes control. For the site, this is supposed to be
Markus Seeber. For the source code and releases it's less obvious. I hope
this will be sorted out!
Best regards
Thomas

Re: Jack Audio WIN link

Thomas Brand
On Wed, March 29, 2017 17:12, Markus Seeber wrote:

> On 03/29/2017 04:09 PM, Neil C Smith wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Mar 2017, 11:58 Markus Seeber,
>> <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I just created release tags for Windows and OSX on the jackaudio.org
>>> GitHub repository to host the binaries and will update the download
>>> page accordingly later with a notification so changes can be pushed to
>>> the webserver.
>>>

>> Surely the release tags and downloads belong on the source code
>> repositories?
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>

>> Neil
>>

> Yes exactly, as i said:
>

>> I didn't want to take this matter in my own hands since there have been
>>  better solutions suggested and it bothers me a bit to complicate the
>> whole release process even more by doing that.

    host mx0.spectralbird.de [80.237.138.5]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
TO:<[hidden email]>:
    550 User unknown (ID:440:1:2 (mi012.mc1.hosteurope.de))

WTF?