Re: Writing an IEEE 802.1BA (AVB) compliant network backend, for Jack2

Re: Writing an IEEE 802.1BA (AVB) compliant network backend, for Jack2

Christoph Kuhr
hi again,

i think we should met at the LAC2011, i already participate :-) maybe we should announce a short presentation with intensive discussion on that?

i could present my bachelor thesis presentation...

we could use a AVB mailing list for linux applications?

BUT:

AVB needs special switches with respect to time sensitive forwarding and queueing, MAC multicasting, mac stream reservation...

WHY AVB:
i want to participate in opensource projects and i think that is the only way software developers should go.
so i want to use open standards and no properiterians...

WHY JACK:
i love jack (Thank you Paul!)
and i see i lot of potential building complet digital studio applications using jack and its environment, supported with avb hardware...

PTP BY BARTKY:
Christoph,

Yes, ptpv2d will run with standard PC hardware under Linux.

You will not get as good of a time resolution/accuracy as you can in systems
that have hardware timestamping of PTP packets, but you still can use it on
a PC and you can get accuracy down in the Microsecond resolution on a local
area network.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Alan