Re: sound quality

Sampo Savolainen
Quoting Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 21:09 -0400, Covenant OfBlood wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Using qsynth, or any other audio application along with Jack (via
> > qjackctrl) I am noticing a distorted sound. I was able to adjust the
> > settings in jack enough to get the distortion to a minimum. but now it
> > sounds like a helicopter. No matter what application I have tried
> > Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
>
> What soundcard do you have? And how do you have jack configured? That it
> works with alsa would seem to imply a problem with the jack parameters
> (ie: the program chooses something other than what jack is using). Is
> this a computer with snd-hda-intel card? If so try with "Periods/Buffer"
> 3 or more.

You might also benefit from the "position_fix" fix. For example see this:

http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=26204.0

(You might want to refer to any howto/help specific to your operating system
though)

The hda-intel type interfaces are unfortunately very troublesome.

  Sampo