Tool - Check if jack is running

Quentin Harley
Hi,

Just like to ask if you perhaps know of a simple app that can be used in
a script to check if jack is running or not.  Some apps only exit with a
message on the terminal when jack is not available, and this confuses
some new users, especially since they would not normally start the app
in a terminal.  For them the app just doesn't work for no apparent reason.

If not available, why not create us a small tool, perhaps call it
jackcheck and ship it with jackd?

Cheers,
Quentin

Re: Tool - Check if jack is running

mjs2020
I don't know if it's a good way but I have a bash script that checks if
some softwares are running using:
pidof jackd
which returns the pid of the process or nothing...
ciao
mjs2020