Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX

Stéphane Letz
I've updated the package file to correct a bug in the OSX install  
script.

  http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp_0.4.tgz

Stephane

PS : jackdmp also run on mono processor machines





-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX

Kjetil S. Matheussen

?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Letz?=:

> Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:03:06 +0100
> Subject: [Jackit-devel] Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX
>
> I've updated the package file to correct a bug in the OSX install
> script.
>
>  http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp_0.4.tgz
>
> Stephane
>
> PS : jackdmp also run on mono processor machines
>

Great work!

How about adding jackdmp alongside jack in the jack
distribution? What I would like to have is a flag for jackd that lets you
switch between old jackd and jackdmp, so that people could choose what
they want to use in qjackctl. I don't it should be very difficult to
implement in practice. Of course, some kind of trick need to be done with
the dynamic linking of programs using libjack, but I'm sure theres a
good-working solution.

Any thoughts about this?



--


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX

Stéphane Letz

Le 2 déc. 05 à 03:57, Kjetil S. Matheussen a écrit :

>
> ?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Letz?=:
>> Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:03:06 +0100
>> Subject: [Jackit-devel] Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX
>>
>> I've updated the package file to correct a bug in the OSX install
>> script.
>>
>>  http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp_0.4.tgz
>>
>> Stephane
>>
>> PS : jackdmp also run on mono processor machines
>>
>
> Great work!
>
> How about adding jackdmp alongside jack in the jack
> distribution? What I would like to have is a flag for jackd that  
> lets you switch between old jackd and jackdmp, so that people could  
> choose what they want to use in qjackctl. I don't it should be very  
> difficult to implement in practice. Of course, some kind of trick  
> need to be done with the dynamic linking of programs using libjack,  
> but I'm sure theres a good-working solution.
>
> Any thoughts about this?
>

I think the first step is to get feedback from users... then jackdmp  
implementation still needs to be completed (missing API...)

Stephane

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
<a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX

Kjetil S. Matheussen
On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Stéphane Letz wrote:

>
> Le 2 déc. 05 à 03:57, Kjetil S. Matheussen a écrit :
>
>>
>> ?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Letz?=:
>>> Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:03:06 +0100
>>> Subject: [Jackit-devel] Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX
>>>
>>> I've updated the package file to correct a bug in the OSX install
>>> script.
>>>
>>>  http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp_0.4.tgz
>>>
>>> Stephane
>>>
>>> PS : jackdmp also run on mono processor machines
>>>
>>
>> Great work!
>>
>> How about adding jackdmp alongside jack in the jack
>> distribution? What I would like to have is a flag for jackd that lets you
>> switch between old jackd and jackdmp, so that people could choose what they
>> want to use in qjackctl. I don't it should be very difficult to implement
>> in practice. Of course, some kind of trick need to be done with the dynamic
>> linking of programs using libjack, but I'm sure theres a good-working
>> solution.
>>
>> Any thoughts about this?
>>
>
> I think the first step is to get feedback from users... then jackdmp
> implementation still needs to be completed (missing API...)
>
Yes, thats my point! To get feedback from users, you need to make it
easy for them to try it out.


--
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX

Dmitry Baikov
In reply to this post by Stéphane Letz
>   http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp_0.4.tgz

The progress so far:
jackdmp runs perfectly.
Glitch-free graph changes, individual client timeouts are simply amazing.
BTW, I was surprised to find, that most xruns are caused by clients,
and not hw setup.

I only made GetMicroseconds() use gettimeofday(), as get_cycles()
returns totally insane values on my laptop.

So, jackdmp is really worth to try out. Recommended!

Stéphane, thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

JackTime.h.diff (704 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jackdmp 0.41 package for Linux and OSX

Stéphane Letz

Le 2 déc. 05 à 14:01, Dmitry Baikov a écrit :

>>   http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp_0.4.tgz
>
> The progress so far:
> jackdmp runs perfectly.
> Glitch-free graph changes, individual client timeouts are simply  
> amazing.
> BTW, I was surprised to find, that most xruns are caused by clients,
> and not hw setup.
>
> I only made GetMicroseconds() use gettimeofday(), as get_cycles()
> returns totally insane values on my laptop.
>
> So, jackdmp is really worth to try out. Recommended!
>
> Stéphane, thanks a lot.
>
> Best regards,
> Dmitry.
> <JackTime.h.diff>



New 0.41 version:

- add MMAP_COMPLEX  support in ALSA driver (but not tested...)  and  
never tested on 64 bits systems also...

- add  Dmitry Baikov patch to choose between get_cycle and  
gettimeofday for timing


Available at http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp_0.41.tgz


Stephane


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
<a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX

Stéphane Letz
In reply to this post by Kjetil S. Matheussen

Le 2 déc. 05 à 11:04, Kjetil S. Matheussen a écrit :

> On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Stéphane Letz wrote:
>
>>
>> Le 2 déc. 05 à 03:57, Kjetil S. Matheussen a écrit :
>>
>>> ?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Letz?=:
>>>> Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:03:06 +0100
>>>> Subject: [Jackit-devel] Updated jackdmp package for Linux and OSX
>>>> I've updated the package file to correct a bug in the OSX install
>>>> script.
>>>>  http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp_0.4.tgz
>>>> Stephane
>>>> PS : jackdmp also run on mono processor machines
>>> Great work!
>>> How about adding jackdmp alongside jack in the jack
>>> distribution? What I would like to have is a flag for jackd that  
>>> lets you switch between old jackd and jackdmp, so that people  
>>> could choose what they want to use in qjackctl. I don't it should  
>>> be very difficult to implement in practice. Of course, some kind  
>>> of trick need to be done with the dynamic linking of programs  
>>> using libjack, but I'm sure theres a good-working solution.
>>> Any thoughts about this?
>>
>> I think the first step is to get feedback from users... then  
>> jackdmp implementation still needs to be completed (missing API...)
>>
>
> Yes, thats my point! To get feedback from users, you need to make  
> it easy for them to try it out.


I think it has to be tested by developers/hackers first...

Stephane

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
<a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel