Updating problems

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Updating problems

Renato Fabbri
Hi, I have ccrma package installed on fedora core 3.
All apps come in rpm packages and that seem o be
causing some problems updating PD and jack..

it does not alow to uninstall, it says that packages y
and z depends on the package I want to uninstall (pd
and jack to install new ones).. so:

installing pd 0.39-2 with the --prefix=/usr (to
install over the previous version, ccrma package) from
source with jack 0.99.36 installed (ccrma):

the --enable-jack flag on ./configure goes well. but
the make command output strange 3 last lines:
...s_audio_alsa.c s_audio_alsamm.c s_midi_alsa.c
s_audio_jack.c
> makefile.dependencies s_audio_jack.c:11:23:
jack/jack.h: No such file or directory make: ***
[makefile.dependencies] Error 1

and, when I install pd, it does not show the -jack
option when I go pd -h, neither shows an jack option
under "media" tag.

when I install jack 0.100.0 (with the --prefix=/usr or
not), that doesnt happen, (but then no app (pd and
qjackcl included), pd included, comunicates with jack)

fortunatelly, #make unistall, and #rpm -i --force
jack-audio-connection........0.99..
and restarting the system restored jack's functions.

in resume: I would like to update my PD 0.37 to 0.39
using jack. and to update jack.

thanks
ref

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com 


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating problems

Paul Davis
On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 13:40 -0800, Renato Fabbri wrote:
> the --enable-jack flag on ./configure goes well. but
> the make command output strange 3 last lines:
> ...s_audio_alsa.c s_audio_alsamm.c s_midi_alsa.c
> s_audio_jack.c
> > makefile.dependencies s_audio_jack.c:11:23:
> jack/jack.h: No such file or directory make: ***
> [makefile.dependencies] Error 1

you probably do not have libjack-devel installed. all RPM-based systems
consider the stuff required for building new software to be separate
from the stuff needed to run software.

--p





-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating problems

Renato Fabbri
there in no "libjack" nor "libjack-devel" on the ccrma
package, closest I could get:

#apt-get install libjackasyn

and

#apt-get install libjackasyn-devel

both outputs a "newest version already installed" and
doesnt do anything. :-(

is there hope?
ref



--- Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 13:40 -0800, Renato Fabbri
> wrote:
> > the --enable-jack flag on ./configure goes well.
> but
> > the make command output strange 3 last lines:
> > ...s_audio_alsa.c s_audio_alsamm.c s_midi_alsa.c
> > s_audio_jack.c
> > > makefile.dependencies s_audio_jack.c:11:23:
> > jack/jack.h: No such file or directory make: ***
> > [makefile.dependencies] Error 1
>
> you probably do not have libjack-devel installed.
> all RPM-based systems
> consider the stuff required for building new
> software to be separate
> from the stuff needed to run software.
>
> --p
>
>
>
>
>
>
-------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a
> groundbreaking scripting language
> that extends applications into web and mobile media.
> Attend the live webcast
> and join the prime developer group breaking into
> this new coding territory!
>
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
> _______________________________________________
> Jackit-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
>
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
>


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com 


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating problems

Lee Revell
On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 15:44 -0800, Renato Fabbri wrote:

> there in no "libjack" nor "libjack-devel" on the ccrma
> package, closest I could get:
>
> #apt-get install libjackasyn
>
> and
>
> #apt-get install libjackasyn-devel
>
> both outputs a "newest version already installed" and
> doesnt do anything. :-(
>
> is there hope?
> ref

This is a better question for the CCRMA list than jackit-devel.

Lee



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating problems

Renato Fabbri
It is (was) posted there and there is no replys on
this.

thanks

--- Lee Revell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 15:44 -0800, Renato Fabbri
> wrote:
> > there in no "libjack" nor "libjack-devel" on the
> ccrma
> > package, closest I could get:
> >
> > #apt-get install libjackasyn
> >
> > and
> >
> > #apt-get install libjackasyn-devel
> >
> > both outputs a "newest version already installed"
> and
> > doesnt do anything. :-(
> >
> > is there hope?
> > ref
>
> This is a better question for the CCRMA list than
> jackit-devel.
>
> Lee
>
>


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com 


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating problems

Lee Revell
On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 17:27 -0800, Renato Fabbri wrote:
> It is (was) posted there and there is no replys on
> this.
>

Try libjack-dev, jackit-devel, jack-devel, etc, or just list all
packages and grep for jack.

I'm sure a Google search can tell you what the JACK development package
for CCRMA is called...

> thanks
>
> --- Lee Revell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 15:44 -0800, Renato Fabbri
> > wrote:
> > > there in no "libjack" nor "libjack-devel" on the
> > ccrma
> > > package, closest I could get:
> > >
> > > #apt-get install libjackasyn
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > #apt-get install libjackasyn-devel
> > >
> > > both outputs a "newest version already installed"
> > and
> > > doesnt do anything. :-(
> > >
> > > is there hope?
> > > ref
> >
> > This is a better question for the CCRMA list than
> > jackit-devel.
> >
> > Lee
> >
> >
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com 
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
> that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
> and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
> _______________________________________________
> Jackit-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
>



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating problems

Luis Garrido-4
[kompoza@membrillo flam]$ rpm -q jack-audio-connection-kit
jack-audio-connection-kit-0.100.1-0.5.cvs.rhfc4.ccrma
[kompoza@membrillo flam]$ rpm -q jack-audio-connection-kit-devel
jack-audio-connection-kit-devel-0.100.1-0.5.cvs.rhfc4.ccrma
N�HS^�隊X���'���u��<�ڂ�.���y�"� �*m�x%jx.j���^�קvƩ�X�jب�ȧ��m�ݚ���v&��קv�^�+����j�Z���{az���^��h��஋�n���)��{h�����ا�׫�+h�(m�����Z��jY�w��ǥrg�y$��Oxḝۍ{�GZ�׮6%�$��^��fj)b� b��ZrH�u�ޖX���(��~��zw���i����l���q���z���l�X��)ߣ��rH�u�ޔ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating problems

Kjetil S. Matheussen
In reply to this post by Renato Fabbri

Renato Fabbri:

>
> there in no "libjack" nor "libjack-devel" on the ccrma
> package, closest I could get:
>
> #apt-get install libjackasyn
>
> and
>
> #apt-get install libjackasyn-devel
>
> both outputs a "newest version already installed" and
> doesnt do anything. :-(
>
> is there hope?

Here are two ways.

1: Do "rpm -qa |grep jack" to find the jack-package name, and append
   "-devel" to it to get the development name.

OR

2: Go to the planet-ccrma home-page and find the name of the package.

A google would have gotten you to the second option.




-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating problems

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
In reply to this post by Renato Fabbri
On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 15:44 -0800, Renato Fabbri wrote:

> there in no "libjack" nor "libjack-devel" on the ccrma
> package, closest I could get:
>
> #apt-get install libjackasyn
>
> and
>
> #apt-get install libjackasyn-devel
>
> both outputs a "newest version already installed" and
> doesnt do anything. :-(
>
> is there hope?

Always...
(I was out of town)
  apt-get install jack-audio-connection-kit-devel
should bring in the development libraries for Jack.
You may need to do something similar for other packages as well,
depending on what you need to build.

-- Fernando


> --- Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 13:40 -0800, Renato Fabbri
> > wrote:
> > > the --enable-jack flag on ./configure goes well.
> > but
> > > the make command output strange 3 last lines:
> > > ...s_audio_alsa.c s_audio_alsamm.c s_midi_alsa.c
> > > s_audio_jack.c
> > > > makefile.dependencies s_audio_jack.c:11:23:
> > > jack/jack.h: No such file or directory make: ***
> > > [makefile.dependencies] Error 1
> >
> > you probably do not have libjack-devel installed.
> > all RPM-based systems
> > consider the stuff required for building new
> > software to be separate
> > from the stuff needed to run software.
> >
> > --p




-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel