Quantcast

Win7 Jack v1.9.8 - failure to register 64bit JackRouter.dll from v1.9.8

nrg

Win7 Jack v1.9.8 - failure to register 64bit JackRouter.dll from v1.9.8

nrg

G’day

This email maybe long winded, but I figure better to give too much information rather than too little.

My intention is two-fold: to give an error report AND to request the GUID for the 64bit version of the JackRouter.dll, so I can manually create the Win7 Registry Key/Entry.

The journey to (and through) the Problem:

I’ve downloaded the 64bit installation package (for v1.9.8 on Windows 7) as per instructions obtained from the Mailing List:

From letz at grame.fr  Wed Oct 12 08:02:22 2011

Subject: [Jack-Devel] Jack in Windows 7 x64

Mixed 64/32 bits version: http://www.grame.fr/~letz/Jack_v1.9.8_64_setup.exe

and run the installation.

The 32 bit functionality is working according to spec.

However 64bit functionality was not available.

I then found an article which presented information for Registering JackRouter for 64-bit Windows:

[ http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/jorgan/index.php?title=Configuring_Jack_PortAudio_to_connect_to_your_soundcard ]

Regsvr32 “C:\Program Files (x86)\Jack v1.9.8\64bits\JackRouter.dll”

My attempt to run the registration process resulted in the display of an error MessageBox:

(First dialog box)

MessageBox Title: JackRouter.

Message: Register Server failed ! (-1)

(click OK)

MessageBox Title: RegSvr32

Message: The module “C:\Program Files (x86)\Jack v1.9.8\64bits\JackRouter.dll” was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0xffffffff.  For more information about this problem, searchonline using the error code as a search item.

I then referenced a Microsoft Knowledge Base article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249873 ) which contained the following non-specific information:

The module ""%1"" was loaded but the call to %2 failed with error code %3.\n\nFor more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term.

There was an error when regsvr32.exe invoked the entrypoint in the module specified in the command line. The error code appears as part of the message

Brickwall.

I then perused the available source code for v1.9.7.

I managed to locate the GUID for the JackRouter.dll from the source code.

By referencing the Windows Registry entries under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\ASIO\JackRouter (registry entry name located in the ASIO SDK from Steinberg)

I was able to confirm the validity of the GUID in the source code (it was exactly the same as appeared in the Registry Key).

I believe that if we have two distinct executables containing COM servers, each DLL must register a unique GUID for each.

I assume that the GUID located in the v1.9.7 code must be for 32bit, and a macro must be used in the v1.9.8 code to switch between the 32bit/64bit GUID depending on the version (32/64 bit) being compiled.

Possible Solutions:

1)      There is an issue with my Computer Setup which needs to be addressed.
I am running:

a.      Win7 Pro SP1 64  bit

b.      HP EliteBook 8540w

c.      Intel Core i7 CPU Q840 @ 1.87 GHz

d.      16Gb RAM

I also have ASIO4ALL v2 installed and functioning.

2)      There is an issue with v1.9.8 JackRouter.dll registration code which needs to be addressed (though I doubt it).  No suggestions here as I don’t have access to the source code.

3)      Someone sends me the GUID (or the source code) for the v1.9.8 JackRouter.dll, and I just enter it direct into the Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ASIO\JackRouter

Hope I’m not being too presumptuous.

Regardz

Guy

Re: Win7 Jack v1.9.8 - failure to register 64bit JackRouter.dll from v1.9.8

Graham Goode
Hi Guy,

Were you running as Administrator when you tried to register the
64-bit dll? If not, could you  log in using an Admin account and try
again...

You can download the source code for the JackRouter as it is part of
the Jackdmp/Jack2 code  available on SVN at: svn co
http://subversion.jackaudio.org/jack/jack2/trunk/jackmp

Kind regards,
GrahamG

Σχετ: Win7 Jack v1.9.8 - failure to register 64bit JackRouter.dll from v1.9.8

Panos Ghekas
Hi Guy,

I'm a humble Jack user on windows a couple of years now and indeed Stephane fullfilled my wishes for a 64bit version and beyond that he  did a mixed one !

My system is win7 home premium, 64bit, Intel T4400 dual core at 2.2GHz 4GBram, standard HDD at 5.900rpm

I really had no problem registering the 64 bit .dll with command prompt.

I have my UAC shut down. I presume you did so. It is a must on win7.

At first when I tried to register 64bit JackRouter.dll from system 32 (regsvr) I got errors too.

The solution was to run the command prompt and type

Regsvr32 “C:\Program Files (x86)\Jack v1.9.8\64bits\JackRouter.dll”

Then all went OK
- I presume that indeed in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Jack v1.9.8 there is a folder named 64bits and inside there is the JackRouter.dll

This is a quick responce from a fellow win7 user untill Stephane or other more experienced people respond :-)

Best
Panos

PS. Glad you came and visited our jOrgan wiki ! :-D

Απο: Guy Perrin <[hidden email]>
Προς: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Στάλθηκε: 5:38 π.μ. Κυριακή, 6 Νοεμβρίου 2011
Θεμα: [Jack-Devel] Win7 Jack v1.9.8 - failure to register 64bit JackRouter.dll from v1.9.8

From letz at grame.fr  Wed Oct 12 08:02:22 2011

[...]

cuseBruce
Was this ever actually resolved? I have followed all the suggestions but keep getting the same error with register server.