building jack

joaogsf
Hi!

First of all, I am sorry, it has been arised the question of this
being a list towards development discussion, but I haven't been able
to find any information regarding this and I am sure someone will know
the answer.

When you build jack, how do you enable alsa support? which
flags/command line parameters must be set?

Thank you and sorry again.

Re: building jack

James Warden
Hey!

No need to apologize :)
when you type ./configure --help from the top of the
source tree, you will see several options for
compiling jack w/ or w/o some specific driver
interface (alsa, oss, portaudio, coreaudio, freebob).

If you have the alsa dev packages installed, alsa
should be picked up by default. You can use these
configure options to DISABLE some driver interfaces
you don't want to be compiled. So my guess is that
you're missing the alsa dev packages. If you use a
debian based distro, you can do this prior to
compiling jack :

apt-get build-dep jackd

It will download the relevant dev packages and install
them. Then you can try the jack compilation.

I hope you will make it :)

J.

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> First of all, I am sorry, it has been arised the
> question of this
> being a list towards development discussion, but I
> haven't been able
> to find any information regarding this and I am sure
> someone will know
> the answer.
>
> When you build jack, how do you enable alsa support?
> which
> flags/command line parameters must be set?
>
> Thank you and sorry again.

Re: building jack

James Warden
Did you compile alsa lib yourself ? then you should be
OK with compiling jack with alsa. What makes you think
you don't have jack compiled with alsa ?

J.