comments on change list?

Taybin Rutkin
This list is missing some changes, but I don't know what.  Anyone
with information on changes from the last release of jack, please let
me know.

Rewritten coreaudio driver
Support for ALSA-1.0 API
Addition of jack_client_create_thread() function
ALSA and OSS drivers now have -I/-O options for setting systemic
latency.
CoreAudio driver now has -I/-L options for setting systemic latency (-
O was already in use)
Added client request type RecomputeTotalLatencies
Compiles on MacOSX 10.4
And of course tons of bug fixes.

Taybin

Re: comments on change list?

Jack O'Quin-2
Taybin Rutkin <[hidden email]> writes:

> This list is missing some changes, but I don't know what.  Anyone
> with information on changes from the last release of jack, please
> let me know.
>
> Rewritten coreaudio driver
> Support for ALSA-1.0 API

dropped support for ALSA-0.9 API

> Addition of jack_client_create_thread() function

deleted jack_create_thread() function

> ALSA and OSS drivers now have -I/-O options for setting systemic
> latency.
> CoreAudio driver now has -I/-L options for setting systemic latency (-
> O was already in use)
> Added client request type RecomputeTotalLatencies
> Compiles on MacOSX 10.4
> And of course tons of bug fixes.

From the ChangeLog...

2005-04-15  Paul Davis  <paul>

        * change the way threads get RT scheduling. it is now requested by
        the thread rather than assigned by the thread's parent. in cases
        where capabilities are used, the child is also given capabilities
        so that it can release + re-acquire RT scheduling as needed.

        * prevent watchdog from killing anything is JACK is freewheeling.

2004-12-31  Jack O'Quin  <[hidden email]>

        * new header file: <jack/statistics.h>

2004-12-27  Jack O'Quin  <[hidden email]>

        * new API functions jack_get_max_delayed_usecs() and
        jack_reset_max_delayed_usecs()

        * add US-X2Y USB device support to ALSA backend

2004-11-28  Jack O'Quin  <[hidden email]>

        * removed deprecated function jack_set_server_dir().

2004-11-27  Jack O'Quin  <[hidden email]>

        * new API functions: jack_internal_client_handle(),
        jack_internal_client_load(), jack_get_internal_client_name(),
        jack_internal_client_unload().  See: <jack/intclient.h>.

2004-10-14  Jack O'Quin  <[hidden email]>

        * new API function: jack_get_xrun_delayed_usecs()

2004-10-08  Jack O'Quin  <[hidden email]>

        * new API functions: jack_client_open(), jack_get_client_name()

There is quite a lot to say about jack_client_open().  If you need
some verbiage on that, I can pull something together from the list
archives and the doxygen files.
--
  joq

Re: comments on change list?

Rui Nuno Capela
> This list is missing some changes, but I don't know what.  Anyone
> with information on changes from the last release of jack, please let
> me know.

Erm... I'm sure you have considered this, but isn't it worthy to digest
the change list from the CVS log?

> Rewritten coreaudio driver
> Support for ALSA-1.0 API
> Addition of jack_client_create_thread() function
> ALSA and OSS drivers now have -I/-O options for setting systemic
> latency.
> CoreAudio driver now has -I/-L options for setting systemic latency (-
> O was already in use)

I believe St├ęphane Letz has already changed this last one to -I and -O on
the coreaudio backend driver. And it is -I that was already in use, not
-O, IIRC.

I do reiterate the lack of information on the jackd man page about these
new systemic latency command line options (-I/-O) that applies to alsa,
oss and coreaudio backends.

> Added client request type RecomputeTotalLatencies

On a related note, theres also lack of doxygen documentation for the new
jack_recompute_total_latencies() API entry.

I would rather have some pragmatic understanding, specially of this last
one, before I step in and write some lousy english by myself :)

Any volunteers?

> Compiles on MacOSX 10.4
> And of course tons of bug fixes.

Cheers.