could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_portaudio.so':

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_portaudio.so':

LGTrader
Hi,
   When I run Jack in a terminal (something I haven't done in quite
awhile but am today due to continued xrun issues) I get a message
about portaudio. I do not have libportaudio installed on my system, so
I rebuilt Jack without portaudio suport, but I still get the message:

mark@lightning ~ $ jackd -R -p 256 -d alsa -r 44100 -p 64 -n2 -d hw:1,0
could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_portaudio.so':
libportaudio.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

jackd 0.100.5
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details

JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
loading driver ..
apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw:1,0|hw:1,0|64|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:1
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 64 frames, buffer = 2 periods
nperiods = 2 for capture
nperiods = 2 for playback


Here's how I built Jack as root:

make uninstall
make clean
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-optimize --disable-portaudio
--disable-coreaudio --disable-oss
make && make install

What is this message telling me and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Mark


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_portaudio.so':

Jack O'Quin-2
Mark Knecht <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>    When I run Jack in a terminal (something I haven't done in quite
> awhile but am today due to continued xrun issues) I get a message
> about portaudio. I do not have libportaudio installed on my system, so
> I rebuilt Jack without portaudio suport, but I still get the message:
>
> mark@lightning ~ $ jackd -R -p 256 -d alsa -r 44100 -p 64 -n2 -d hw:1,0
> could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_portaudio.so':
> libportaudio.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

> What is this message telling me and how do I fix it?

You have a jack_portaudio.so backend installed in /usr/lib/jack.
You should probably just remove that file.
--
  joq


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_portaudio.so':

LGTrader
On 11/7/05, Jack O'Quin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mark Knecht <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >    When I run Jack in a terminal (something I haven't done in quite
> > awhile but am today due to continued xrun issues) I get a message
> > about portaudio. I do not have libportaudio installed on my system, so
> > I rebuilt Jack without portaudio suport, but I still get the message:
> >
> > mark@lightning ~ $ jackd -R -p 256 -d alsa -r 44100 -p 64 -n2 -d hw:1,0
> > could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_portaudio.so':
> > libportaudio.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > directory
>
> > What is this message telling me and how do I fix it?
>
> You have a jack_portaudio.so backend installed in /usr/lib/jack.
> You should probably just remove that file.
> --
>   joq
>

Hi Jack,
   Indeed, I did seem to have them installed:

mark@lightning ~ $ ls -al /usr/lib/jack
total 452
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   4096 Nov  7 09:39 .
drwxr-xr-x  92 root root  45056 Nov  7 09:38 ..
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root    804 Nov  7 09:38 inprocess.la
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root  14475 Nov  7 09:38 inprocess.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root    786 Nov  7 09:39 intime.la
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root  16059 Nov  7 09:39 intime.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root    828 Nov  7 09:38 jack_alsa.la
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root 197312 Nov  7 09:38 jack_alsa.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root    810 Nov  7 09:38 jack_dummy.la
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root  33428 Nov  7 09:38 jack_dummy.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root    798 Nov  2 08:34 jack_oss.la
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root  60380 Nov  2 08:34 jack_oss.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root    846 Nov  2 08:34 jack_portaudio.la
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root  45384 Nov  2 08:34 jack_portaudio.so
mark@lightning ~ $

Apparently this stuff is not cleaned up with make uninstall? Note that
the oss and portaudio dates are last week. I tried another make
uninstall and verified that they are not removed.

After erasing the whole directory and rebuilding Jack again the files
were not created and I don't get the message anymore.

thanks,
Mark


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_portaudio.so':

Jack O'Quin-2
Mark Knecht <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 11/7/05, Jack O'Quin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You have a jack_portaudio.so backend installed in /usr/lib/jack.
>> You should probably just remove that file.

>    Indeed, I did seem to have them installed:

> Apparently this stuff is not cleaned up with make uninstall? Note that
> the oss and portaudio dates are last week. I tried another make
> uninstall and verified that they are not removed.

Make uninstall will only remove the files that same makefile would
install.  Your version configured without portaudio will not remove
that file.  It must have been hanging around from an earlier build.

If you really want to depend on make uninstall, I recommend doing it
before configuring and building a new version.

> After erasing the whole directory and rebuilding Jack again the files
> were not created and I don't get the message anymore.

Good.
--
  joq


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Jackit-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jackit-devel