--disable-alsa breaks libsndfile detection ?

--disable-alsa breaks libsndfile detection ?

Nicholas J Humfrey
Hi,

I have just been compiling jack 0.100.0 on Mac OS X 10.4.3.

I thought I would configure with --disable-oss and --disable-alsa, to
save checking for something that isn't there, and noticed that when
disabling ALSA, the configure script also fails to find libsndfile:

checking for SNDFILE_CFLAGS...
checking for SNDFILE_LIBS...
configure: WARNING: *** the jackrec example client will not be built

With no command line options:

checking for ALSA_CFLAGS...
checking for ALSA_LIBS...
Package alsa was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `alsa.pc'
No package 'alsa' found
checking for SNDFILE_CFLAGS... -I/sw/include
checking for SNDFILE_LIBS... -L/sw/lib -lsndfile

I have stared at the configure.ac script for a while, but can't see
why on earth it would be doing this.

Any other Mac users seeing this problem too ?

nick.