how to measure the system effectiveness with jack

how to measure the system effectiveness with jack

zappa-3
Hi people,
how to measure the system effectiveness with jack when using or not using the real time scheduling?
I am using jack in order to make of some experiment, but
I do not know like measuring xrun when not use the real time scheduling.

I would want to know if a software for the comparison of 2 samples exists:
one sample recorded with the real time scheduling and the other sample recorded without the real time scheduling.

sorry for my brutal english...
ciao

--
Avete mai visto questi siti:
                                    Un bellissimo libro

Re: how to measure the system effectiveness with jack

Fons Adriaensen-2
On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 11:47:12AM +0200, zappa wrote:

> Hi people,
> how to measure the system effectiveness with jack when using or not using
> the real time scheduling?
> I am using jack in order to make of some experiment, but
> I do not know like measuring xrun when not use the real time scheduling.

If there is an xrun then jack will print a line with info about it.
If you use qjackctl it will count xruns, and also print them in
the messages window.

> I would want to know if a software for the comparison of 2 samples exists:
> one sample recorded with the real time scheduling and the other sample
> recorded without the real time scheduling.

If there are no xruns then there is no difference. If there are xruns,
then jack will have printed them, and probably you will hear them.

You should really always use jack with real time scheduling.
The only exception could be when you use it only for listening,
e.g. with alsaplayer, and you have a long period. But then you
don't really need it...

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano รจ questo !