howto replace snd_pcm_poll_descriptors

Patrick Shirkey
Hi,

Is there an equivalent jack function for snd_pcm_poll_descriptors

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Re: howto replace snd_pcm_poll_descriptors

Patrick Shirkey
Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 09:20:21PM +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> Is there an equivalent jack function for snd_pcm_poll_descriptors
>
> What would you like to do with it ?
> There are no public interfaces in JACK that use file descriptors
> that could be polled.
>
> You don't wait for JACK, it creates a real-time thread and
> calls your process function periodically in that thread's
> context.
>
> Recent versions of JACK have a function that allows you the
> wait in the process function instead of returning from it.
> It returns when in normal operation the next process call
> would be made. It can be handy in some cases but normally
> you don't need it. Drop me a line if this is related to
> your question and you want to know more.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

It turns out I was chasing a red herring so as you rightly diagnosed
above I don't need that functionality.

Cheers.