jack 0.100.0 announcement

Taybin Rutkin
Jack has finally reached version 0.100.0.  In brief, more functions
for getting latency statistics, better thread handling, and a more
verbose way of connecting to the jackd server.

This new function is jack_client_open().  From the documentation:

Open an external client session with a JACK server.  This interface
is more complex but more powerful than jack_client_new().  With it,
clients may choose which of several servers to connect, and control
whether and how to start the server automatically, if it was not
already running.  There is also an option for JACK to generate a
unique client name, when necessary.

Jack-0.100.0 is available from http://jackit.sf.net, although a new
website is in the works.

***CHANGES***
Rewritten coreaudio driver

Switched to ALSA-1.0 API

Added functions jack_client_create_thread(),
jack_get_max_delayed_usecs(), jack_reset_max_delayed_usecs(),
jack_internal_client_handle(), jack_internal_client_load(),
jack_get_internal_client_name(), jack_internal_client_unload(),
jack_get_xrun_delayed_usecs(), jack_client_open(), and
jack_get_client_name().  See documentation for details.

Removed functions jack_set_server_dir(), jack_create_thread()

Added header file <jack/statistics.h>

ALSA, OSS, and CoreAudio drivers now have -I/-O options for setting
systemic latency.

Added client request type RecomputeTotalLatencies

Compiles and runs on MacOSX 10.4

Change the way threads get RT scheduling. it is now requested by the
thread rather than assigned by the thread's parent. in cases where
capabilities are used, the child is also given capabilities so that
it can release + re-acquire RT scheduling as needed.

Prevent watchdog from killing anything is JACK is freewheeling.

And of course tons of bug fixes.

Sincerely,
Taybin Rutkin

Re: jack 0.100.0 announcement

Kito-2

On Aug 1, 2005, at 10:40 PM, Taybin Rutkin wrote:

> Compiles and runs on MacOSX 10.4

Just FYI, I couldn't get example-clients/transport.c to build as a
result of it not finding the declaration of 'whitespace' in readline/
chardefs.h. I have to admit to having both GNU readline-5.0 along
with the bsd libedit that ships with tiger installed on my machines.

I just added `#include <readline/chardefs.h>` to transport.c to fix
it, probably not the ideal way...

Other than that, this release seems very solid on OS X 10.4.2 and ppc/
linux.

Great Work as Always!

--Kito